Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:13 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times

Advertisements

This happened about 3 weeks ago, but needs to be included here: Another little boy was beaten to death by his father after years of abuse. Again, teachers say they reported it to DFACS and nothing was ever done.

Two children in Metro Atlanta DEAD at the hands of their own parents, in less than a month! And you know there are MANY MANY more precious little ones out there being abused every day that are also falling through the cracks.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Father charged with murder in 12-year-old son's death | 11alive.com

Paulding boy, 12, believed beaten to death | www.ajc.com

Father charged with child cruelty following death of son | www.wsbtv.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 04:03 PM

386 posts, read 668,367 times
No one, especially a child, deserves to be treated that way

It's terrible how young these kids are; they haven't even begun to experience life as they want to yet

Very sad. Only thing I can do is pray they rest in peace

Old 11-05-2013, 05:02 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,662,983 times
In fairness, there are also 1000s of children that have been helped by DFACs. When the system fails, it fails big time, though. And that is the problem.

While I won't go into my thoughts about DFACs, I will say that I think in many ways we get the child welfare system we pay for....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
This happened about 3 weeks ago, but needs to be included here: Another little boy was beaten to death by his father after years of abuse. Again, teachers say they reported it to DFACS and nothing was ever done.

Two children in Metro Atlanta DEAD at the hands of their own parents, in less than a month! And you know there are MANY MANY more precious little ones out there being abused every day that are also falling through the cracks.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Father charged with murder in 12-year-old son's death | 11alive.com

Paulding boy, 12, believed beaten to death | www.ajc.com

Father charged with child cruelty following death of son | www.wsbtv.com

Old 11-05-2013, 08:46 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
Nice job, DFACS!

Old 11-05-2013, 10:02 PM

84 posts, read 123,898 times
Total scumbags.

What is worse is that DEFACS will take away kids from parents who did little to nothing wrong-yet manage to leave angels like these with monsters.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 AM

The grandmother of the Lawrenceville girl whose parents are charged with starving her to death then burning her body and stuffing it into a trash can said the system failed the 10-year-old.
“My baby went through hell,” said paternal grandmother Robin Moss, who raised Emani. Moss said after Emani told her she was being abused, her son and his new wife kept the girl away from her.
Gwinnett police confirm as much.

Grandmother of girl allegedly starved to death by parents:

Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM

Recent deaths again bring scrutiny to Georgia

Old 11-07-2013, 10:31 AM

329 posts, read 431,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
Sickening. I am waiting for them to reveal where she attended school and whether teachers/administrators noticed any problems. If the child was starving to death, one would think that someone would notice.
They were "home schooled". Another thing we ought to rid the country of. Most of these "home schools" are just shams and a way for the public schools to dump their "problem kids" instead of educating them.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:33 AM

329 posts, read 431,483 times
Really, if this country had any damn sense, these 2 would not be breathing tomorrow and the stupid judge and social workers would follow them up the gallow stairs the next day.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,206 times
What is this world coming to... This people get these kids for cash... What man would let any1 harm his beautiful child in such a harsh manor. Starved,abused... And burned.. And they put the trash can in front of their house... I would die... A trillion times for my kids... People have theses kids... To harm them... I'm so mad about these innocent babies loose their life... It's said... This should teach people a lot... Dfacs failed Amani moss a million times... They should be held responsible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: