Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,257 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am looking to move in the next 4-6 months if it works out we sell our home, we plan to move to Cumming area, or Sugar Hill & Buford, Suwannee are also possibilities. Can anyone provide any information regarding the areas about the best schools (elementary & middle schools)?

*Also, my son has some learning disabilities (ADHD/Dyslexia), so looking for schools/teachers that will be able to work with him and work hard to help him do well etc. I know some schools are better than others helping children with LDs.

Lastly, if you have any specific neighborhoods, zip codes, you would definitely recommend to us, please let us know. We are looking to buy single family home with neighborhood amenities such as a neighborhood pool, park, and maybe walking trails.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 6,146 times
Smile South Forsyth is a great area for schools

South Forsyth/ Cumming is a fantastic area because it is at the nexus of other well-developed cities like Alpharetta, Johns Creek, and Milton. I live right off of Peachtree Pkwy and couldn't be happier with the school system and the community. Caney Creek Preserve is right down the road and has great walking trails.

There are several swim/tennis subdivisions at $150-250k in this area:

Preserve at Brookwood
Avington
Brookwood Lake (Alpharetta/Forsyth County)
Caney Creek
Cottages ant Greystone
Evonvale
Glenmoor
Suwanee
Hunter's Run (Suwannee/ Forsyth County)
Montgrove
Summit at Brookwood
Springmonte
Saddlebrook Glen
Plantation at Brookwood

All of the subdivisions are assigned to top ranked elementary and middle schools.

Let me know if you need any other help in your neighborhood hunt!

Old 01-13-2014, 05:20 PM

5 posts, read 16,404 times
Hello, my husband and I are actually looking to move to Cumming in the same time frame! We are praying about planting a church there and we have two children as well!! I want to thank you for posting this question- I was thinking the same thing!
I wanted to ask as well about the private schools as well? The reputation as well as the quality of education?

Old 01-19-2014, 07:39 PM

32 posts, read 56,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashtar View Post
South Forsyth/ Cumming is a fantastic area because it is at the nexus of other well-developed cities like Alpharetta, Johns Creek, and Milton. I live right off of Peachtree Pkwy and couldn't be happier with the school system and the community. Caney Creek Preserve is right down the road and has great walking trails.

There are several swim/tennis subdivisions at $150-250k in this area:

Preserve at Brookwood
Avington
Brookwood Lake (Alpharetta/Forsyth County)
Caney Creek
Cottages ant Greystone
Evonvale
Glenmoor
Suwanee
Hunter's Run (Suwannee/ Forsyth County)
Montgrove
Summit at Brookwood
Springmonte
Saddlebrook Glen
Plantation at Brookwood

All of the subdivisions are assigned to top ranked elementary and middle schools.

Let me know if you need any other help in your neighborhood hunt!
Thank you so much for the information! This helps a lot. I honestly wasn't sure if I could find anything we were looking for in our price range thinking we might should move to Buford or further out. But, maybe not, maybe we can still move to Cumming area. We will definitely check out the subdivisions you have mentioned once we get to that point.

jnjbirm, glad the post helps you also Let me know if you find an area you love and where you end up as well.

Thanks! Happy moving!

Old 02-03-2014, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnJBirm View Post
Hello, my husband and I are actually looking to move to Cumming in the same time frame! We are praying about planting a church there and we have two children as well!! I want to thank you for posting this question- I was thinking the same thing!
I wanted to ask as well about the private schools as well? The reputation as well as the quality of education?
Check out greatschools.org. They have information about both public and private schools, and they also have ratings and reviews from parents. I used it when we moved here at found a fantastic school for my kids.

In which part of Cumming were you planning to move?

Old 02-15-2014, 11:59 AM

5 posts, read 16,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashtar View Post
Check out greatschools.org. They have information about both public and private schools, and they also have ratings and reviews from parents. I used it when we moved here at found a fantastic school for my kids.

In which part of Cumming were you planning to move?
Thank you so much!! I they had great info!!

We are planning on moving to the West part of Cumming- looking at houses vocationaly now but will be flying out in March to check some places out!

Thank you so much for your help!!
Any other info you would have wished you would have known during your transition to Cumming would be greatly appreciated!!

Blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta