Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
Jason Carter raises 7 figures, Deal campaign responds | zpolitics

Jason Carter interview in the attached link. He is very well spoken. Education seems to be the big topic so far.
Yes he is and great for him. About time the folks downtown realized that education is one of the cornerstones to our prosperity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Yes he is and great for him. About time the folks downtown realized that education is one of the cornerstones to our prosperity.
Totally agree. And he is very well spoken.

Thanks for posting the link, Lady's Man.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Jack Kingston isn't too popular down here on the coast these days. As a result of The Biggert-Waters Act (which he and Gingrey both supported), flood insurance premiums are experiencing jaw - dropping increases ( I heard of an instance where a man's annual premium went from around $400 to $37,000!). Realtors in particular are pissed about it as buyers are getting up and walking away from the closing table when they read the NFIP disclosure.
When the act passed in 2012, I was told by Kingston's office that the average premium would increase by 25%; mine has nearly tripled. It's a big topic of conversation here, and I imagine that both congressmen will have to address it...at least in Savannah debate.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:25 AM

730 posts, read 828,110 times
first republican debate:

Ga 2014 Senate Debate Round 1 - Adel, Ga [Inclusive "We" Media vs Exclusion of Yellow Media -] - YouTube

Old 01-25-2014, 10:33 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
I'm surprised Herman Cain hasn't jumped in on the Republican side.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:59 PM

730 posts, read 828,110 times
in my humble opinion, Art Gardner is the only sane, rational candidate running on the republican side. If you watch the full debate, you'll hear him talk about how the current social views of the republican party are pushing young people away... and he is completely right. Social issues spark huge emotional debates... overshadowing the less entertaining fiscal issues plaguing the country.

"Our party is the original civil rights party. We should not be pursuing policies that push people away." - Art Gardner

Old 01-25-2014, 02:13 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,876,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
in my humble opinion, Art Gardner is the only sane, rational candidate running on the republican side. If you watch the full debate, you'll hear him talk about how the current social views of the republican party are pushing young people away... and he is completely right. Social issues spark huge emotional debates... overshadowing the less entertaining fiscal issues plaguing the country.

"Our party is the original civil rights party. We should not be pursuing policies that push people away." - Art Gardner
i just checked out his website and i totally agree. he seems very reasonable and middle-of-the-road.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:41 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i just checked out his website and i totally agree. he seems very reasonable and middle-of-the-road.
He sounds reasonable to me, too.

The only thing about Obamacare I hope they don't throw out is the pre-existing condition part. Very few people make it even to 50 without having some health condition.

Getting rid of that bar simply allows individuals and independent contractors to buy medical insurance on the same basis as government and corporate employees.

Why are Republicans opposed to this? If anything, it gives people more flexibility to change jobs and start new businesses.

To me that's an actuarial matter, not a political issue.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:02 AM

254 posts, read 419,433 times
Ark Gardner? No no no no no.

Derrick Greyson is the better of all of them. I honestly hope he wins, him or Paul Broun. Derrick Greyson and Eugene Yu are the only ones in the ghettos, in the "hood" connecting with the long lost young people of America. Trying to help them. We need more people like that in Washington, not an attorney.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:38 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,876,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Ark Gardner? No no no no no.

Derrick Greyson is the better of all of them. I honestly hope he wins, him or Paul Broun. Derrick Greyson and Eugene Yu are the only ones in the ghettos, in the "hood" connecting with the long lost young people of America. Trying to help them. We need more people like that in Washington, not an attorney.
i'm a moderate democrat, so i still probably wouldn't vote for ark gardner over michelle nunn, but i'd damned sure vote for him over paul broun. that guy is a psycho. from what i've heard so far, ark gardner seems like the only reasonable republican candidate in this race. if he won the primary, he'd probably be a slam dunk for the republicans to win the senate seat. but if you guys put in paul broun or someone like that... prepare for a tough race.

"ideological purity" (aka someone who sees democrats as messengers of satan) has its prices. namely, losing races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta