Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,467,087 times

Advertisements

Hello.

Long story short. I applied for an Indian visa with the BLS International location in Atlanta and sent my US passport.

I also sent a prepaid return envelope and they claim they sent the passport back 4 weeks ago and I don't see any updates in tracking.

They are really really hard to get hold off - the customer helpline does not work and there is no response to your emails and any escalations you do online does nothing.

I live in FL and am wondering how should I proceed to sue them in small claims court.

I have their address as:
BLS India Visa, USA
5607 Glenridge Drive
Suite No 275
Atlanta, Georgia - 30342

Helpline : +1-773-358-1742

However, I don't have the name of individual.

Someone mentioned I need to sue based on the county they operate in and no necessarily where I live.

Also, Who would be suing in small claims court for my passport? an individual or the company?

At this point, am just frustrated.

Appreciate your pointers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
There web says they moved...

BLS International Services Ltd->

Good Luck...

Old 05-05-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
There web says they moved...

BLS International Services Ltd->

Good Luck...
Thanks. I didn't know they had moved...

New location:

BLS India Visa, USA
5775 Glenridge Drive NE
Building B, Suite 380
Atlanta, GA 30328

Either way, am still looking to see how can I take them to small claims court for not returning my personal property(US passport).

Old 05-05-2014, 08:26 PM

OK. on further research am seeing the articles of incorporation on https://cgov.sos.state.ga.us

https://cgov.sos.state.ga.us/Home.as...tityId=4719698

https://cgov.sos.state.ga.us/Home.as...tityId=4743774

Attached the certificate of authority from "Secretary of State Corporations, Georgia"

The registered agent is " Incorp Services, Inc, 2000 RIVEREDGE PKWY. NW STE. 885" and is registered by Mr. Rohit Sharma who lives in NY.

Is this sufficient info to open a small claims court case?
Attached Thumbnails
Small Claims Court - BLS International(Atlanta)-application-certificate-authority.jpg  

Last edited by Tampaite; 05-05-2014 at 08:38 PM..

Old 05-05-2014, 08:37 PM

Sure you can file one. The question is, is it worth it, You would need to file in Fulton County (Atlanta) Georgia Courts, expect that you would have at least two trip up to Atlanta, Maybe more if the Judge gives them a continuance once you and them are in court.

Did you pay the fee(s) thru a credit card? You should open a Credit card dispute with your bank Credit card dept (In writing) you most do it within 60day (I think) So don't delay...

As for your passport, report it Lost/Stolen to US state Dept. And pay to get a new one.

Lost or Stolen Passports

Yea, it sucks that its going to cost you $'s to get a new one but that's life...

Just a FYI: The Passport is NOT your personal property, It belongs to the US Government, Not your, Its issued to you, but ownership stays with the State (Country - US Gov/State Dept.) .

Old 05-05-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Sure you can file one. The question is, is it worth it, You would need to file in Fulton County (Atlanta) Georgia Courts, expect that you would have at least two trip up to Atlanta, Maybe more if the Judge gives them a continuance once you and them are in court.

Did you pay the fee(s) thru a credit card? You should open a Credit card dispute with your bank Credit card dept (In writing) you most do it within 60day (I think) So don't delay...

As for your passport, report it Lost/Stolen to US state Dept. And pay to get a new one.

Lost or Stolen Passports

Yea, it sucks that its going to cost you $'s to get a new one but that's life...
I have invested lot of my time to give up. Thanks for the county info.

Am looking up the costs and I see It only costs $50 to file the claim and I need to check if I can file the claim via postal mail.

Small Claims Courthouse » Fulton County Small Claims Court

I don't mind the trip if it means BLS will clean up their act!

Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 PM

Since the India Government has sub-contracted the visa issuing to BLS Your action will not change there ways.. I would suggest a call to Consulate services for the India Governments offices in Atlanta 1st.

Consulate General of India Atlanta, Georgia (Official Website) - CGI Atlanta

They must deal with this alot, and have direct number that they can call at BLS, I would give them a try..

Old 05-05-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Since the India Government has sub-contracted the visa issuing to BLS Your action will not change there ways.. I would suggest a call to Consulate services for the India Governments offices in Atlanta 1st.

Consulate General of India Atlanta, Georgia (Official Website) - CGI Atlanta

They must deal with this alot, and have direct number that they can call at BLS, I would give them a try..
Awesome Bro

I'll call them tomorrow.

In the meantime, filed my complaint with BBB - Not sure if anything would come out of it but atleast it will pile up the stats.

Search

BBB of Metro Atlanta, Athens & NE Georgia
503 Oak Place, #590
Atlanta, GA 30349
(404)766-0875
complaints@atlanta.bbb.org

Old 05-05-2014, 09:33 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
In magistrate (small claims) court, you can sue for money that you have lost...but I'm afraid time and aggravation is not recoverable.

So even though it seems like the thing to do, the best case scenario would only get you the money you had to spend to get a new passport back.

There are no punitive damages or pain and suffering in small claims court, I'm afraid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: