Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 07:31 AM

226 posts, read 276,116 times

Advertisements

The old manager at Checkers on 10th Street had a white sugar daddy who lived in Brookhaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 09:04 AM

191 posts, read 323,332 times
lol -thanks for all the info! from the sugar daddy to the la fitness, sounds like everything will be ok

Old 05-13-2014, 12:18 PM

73 posts, read 78,118 times
Gays are fine anywhere in the metro counties. But if you go out past the core metro counties, you will not exactly find the welcome mat out for you. And don't get the idea that Gay Georgia is gay either!

Old 10-04-2014, 02:55 AM

3 posts, read 3,770 times
Default Brookhaven is not gay-friendly

My opinion is that Brookhaven is run by a city council comprised of white, conservative, right-winged, patriarchal people who want to white-wash Buford highway. Their effort to "clean up" the road will lead to thousands of people from all over the world leaving the area as they put national chain drugstores on every corner and national fast food and retail shops everywhere. This will effectively destroy the diversity that exists on one of the only roads where you can buy cuisine from all over the world. I feel they want to eliminate anything that hurts the "patriarchal family" structure. They may accept Lipps now, but I believe that will be short-lived. Look up the Family Research Council. FRC | Pro Marriage & Pro Life Organization in Washington DC The attorney that is fighting the Pink Pony, (Scott Bergthold) and works for Brookhaven is a regular speaker for them. The Southern Poverty Law Center declares the Family Research Council a "Hate Group".

Old 10-04-2014, 09:04 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,106 times
Well there is Cream and Rush right off Buford highway... The gayest of the gay clubs I've seen.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:13 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Brookhaven has always seemed as gay to me as the other intown neighborhoods, at least in terms of who lives there.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:59 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,486,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Hill View Post
My opinion is that Brookhaven is run by a city council comprised of white, conservative, right-winged, patriarchal people who want to white-wash Buford highway. Their effort to "clean up" the road will lead to thousands of people from all over the world leaving the area as they put national chain drugstores on every corner and national fast food and retail shops everywhere. This will effectively destroy the diversity that exists on one of the only roads where you can buy cuisine from all over the world. I feel they want to eliminate anything that hurts the "patriarchal family" structure. They may accept Lipps now, but I believe that will be short-lived. Look up the Family Research Council. FRC | Pro Marriage & Pro Life Organization in Washington DC The attorney that is fighting the Pink Pony, (Scott Bergthold) and works for Brookhaven is a regular speaker for them. The Southern Poverty Law Center declares the Family Research Council a "Hate Group".
I agree and one of the reasons why I am against this "cityhood" movement in the region because they are trying to do exactly that to every area in the metro area.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:42 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Hill View Post
I somewhat agree. I was against Brookhaven from the beginning and they proved me right.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:53 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,106 times
I also agree I'm against this cityhood movement. There needs to be some kind of better regulation at least in the metro area for cities. It's counter productive for the region when you have a billion tiny cities fighting amongst one another. Decatur and Sandy Springs are the only 'local' cities that actually feel like separate cities.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:39 PM

1,054 posts, read 922,513 times
Depends on where in Brookhaven, as it's a fairly large city. The southern portion(council district 4) has many gay households, less the further north you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta