Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 05:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,615 times

Advertisements

I recently got hired for a job in Kennessaw Ga at Barrett Park
Does anyone know what busses out there I can take to Doraville and vis-a-versa
Like what busses can I take from Barrett Park to A train Station that will lead me to Doraville?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 06:31 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,035,578 times
I have good news and bad news....
The good news is that Google Maps has transit directions. Put in your locations and then choose the bus and it will give you mass transit routes and lines that will take you where you want to go.

The bad news is that going from Barett Pkwy to Doraville is roughly a 2.5 hour commute each way.

Bus 45 to the Marietta transfer center and then Bus 10 to Arts Center MARTA station. Take train to Doraville Station

Old 05-10-2014, 06:38 AM

651 posts, read 1,562,914 times
no car?

$149 and $199 lease specials going on

Old 05-10-2014, 11:26 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
If you can move, move because that is one hellish commute.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
Move

Old 05-10-2014, 04:14 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,504,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygrrl411 View Post
I recently got hired for a job in Kennessaw Ga at Barrett Park
Does anyone know what busses out there I can take to Doraville and vis-a-versa
Like what busses can I take from Barrett Park to A train Station that will lead me to Doraville?
Thank you in advance for your help!
You SERIOUSLY need a car if you are going to be commuting between Norcross and Kennesaw for work each day.

Good luck, because you are most definitely going to need it with that type of daily commute.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:37 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,504,544 times
Anyways, here is some information that hopefully can help you in commuting by bus between Norcross and Kennesaw...

Here is a map of the extremely-limited GCT (Gwinnett County Transit) local bus system so that you can see which GCT route might be best for helping you to get to and from the Doraville MARTA Station:
http://www.gwinnettcounty.com/static...stemMapMay.pdf

Here is a link to a listing of GCT routes and schedules:
Routes & Schedules

There are at least 5 local GCT bus routes that serve the Norcross area. Take a look at the map and decide which route is closest to you.

Here is a map of the limited CCT (Cobb Community Transit) local bus system so that you can see which CCT routes you will need to use to connect from the MARTA heavy rail system to your job in Kennesaw:
http://dot.cobbcountyga.gov/cct/maps..._CCTSystem.pdf

To get from the MARTA heavy rail transit system to your job in Kennesaw, it appears that you will need to exit the MARTA Gold Line at the Arts Center Station and connect to CCT bus route #10.

After boarding CCT bus route #10, you will need to ride CCT #10 to the end of line to the Marietta Transfer Center where you will need to connect with CCT bus route #45 to ride the rest of the way to you job in Kennesaw.

Here is a link to a table of routes and schedules for Cobb Community Transit:
Cobb County Government

Old 05-25-2014, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,615 times
Thank you all so much I have it figured all out from taking a bus to this bus spot in Marietta which takes me to Atlanta then I take the train to Doraville or I wait for my mother at Northside Hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta