Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:46 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,241,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
, but they also have port-o-potties that actually flush, so you can't argue with the level of quality at the joint.
Whoa, nice. Are these the ones in trailers with AC?

I would love to check out TomorrowWorld, but there is no way I can hang for three days. I'd love to be able to check it out for a day/evening. Over 12 hours at a festival and I'm itching to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 05:06 PM

3,711 posts, read 5,991,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Tomorrowworld is the biggest win Atlanta has ever gotten in terms of music.

ID&T totally knows what it is doing and as far as I can tell, the whole thing went incredibly smoothly.

I was skeptical that they could get people to come at the price points they have, but lo and behold they did it, so much respect to them. I also think the price tag keeps the riff-raff out. Authorities always remark how peaceful the crowd is, and few criminals are going to buy a $350 ticket to pick a few pockets.

Even if you hate EDM, you really need to see what Tomorrowworld is all about. The stage is nothing short of utterly spectacular and the scenery is gorgeous. I'm in love with the venue. They do seem to be gouging on food and alcohol more than in years past, but they also have port-o-potties that actually flush, so you can't argue with the level of quality at the joint.
I'd love to agree with ya, but this simply isn't true. The pickpocket issue at TW is a huge deal. I know several people who had their phones stolen last year. My friend got hers stolen this year too--the guy slashed her bag and took it. Check the TW reddit--it's a big topic.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:38 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,064,341 times
Sorry to hear that! I didn't know that was going on.

Quick question that is off topic: At Tomorrowworld, everywhere I looked, people were recording the show. Some people even had some pretty decent looking rigs going, but I really can't find many videos of the event online. I don't know if they get removed from YouTube when they get posted, but does anyone know where some of the videos are?

Specifically, I'm looking for the introduction for Zedd. Or any other time the volcano stage erupted and went nuts.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:43 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,444,619 times
South Fulton Parkway to Chattahoochee Hills is absolutely gorgeous ride. Oh yes South Fulton. Will Tommrowworld be back for 2015?

I drive for Uber and met people from Saudi Arabia, Chile, Los Angeles, Phila, San Fran, Denver, Virginia, London, India, and NYC. They all love Atlanta.

Last edited by Atlwarrior; 09-30-2014 at 02:02 AM..

Old 09-30-2014, 01:50 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,444,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
TW was amazing and a massive success. Too much so, even. The camping area filled up Thursday night and they had to build all these makeshift fenced in areas for people to camp. They need to plan out the logistics better next year as it was really a cluster at times. But it's really awesome to have that event in Atlanta--a massive, world class music festival.
I wonder how Delta fared internationally. Did they fly larger aircraft into Atlanta for the event ? Will the event be back in Atlanta next year? It was so mind blowing to see Atlanta be so international, in yes South Fulton.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:27 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,374,596 times
This will go to 2023...

Old 09-30-2014, 06:39 AM

329 posts, read 638,586 times
must go to TW next year!

Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
South Fulton Parkway to Chattahoochee Hills is absolutely gorgeous ride. Oh yes South Fulton. Will Tommrowworld be back for 2015?

I drive for Uber and met people from Saudi Arabia, Chile, Los Angeles, Phila, San Fran, Denver, Virginia, London, India, and NYC. They all love Atlanta.
What did they love about Atlanta?

Old 09-30-2014, 07:56 AM

687 posts, read 745,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
What did they love about Atlanta?
From personal experience (my brother and his friend flew over from London for an extended weekend for the festival) they loved:

The food
The friendly folks
The weather
(and mainly) The Southern Girls!

I liked the small touches at TW that the organizers made as a nod to the fact that although this is an international festival IT IS taking place here in Atlanta.

I noticed food kiosks for Grindhouse Killer Burgers and Ri-Ra (there were more I'm sure) and on the Sunday there was an ATL stage featuring only home town DJ's.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:36 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
From personal experience (my brother and his friend flew over from London for an extended weekend for the festival) they loved:

The food
The friendly folks
The weather
(and mainly) The Southern Girls!

I liked the small touches at TW that the organizers made as a nod to the fact that although this is an international festival IT IS taking place here in Atlanta.

I noticed food kiosks for Grindhouse Killer Burgers and Ri-Ra (there were more I'm sure) and on the Sunday there was an ATL stage featuring only home town DJ's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta