Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 06:06 AM

32,033 posts, read 36,853,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I am an urban translator. The word "dope" in urban circles mean it's good. An example would be "AnsleyPark posts on here are dope" or "her outfit is
dope." You can get some cool points if you use this term in the proper settings
A lot of things are dope but as I understand it dope is not dope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 08:10 PM

408 posts, read 582,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Nice pics! You moved there from Phoenix? Please give me your take on the differences between the two cities.

Theres a lot of similarities and major differences. The terrain in Atlanta is hilly from the suburbs into the city, you will notice a lot more people walking in Midtown Atlanta Vs Phoenix at any given time day or night. Its a lot more openly friendlier than Phoenix, but still some passive aggressive behavior when people drive the roads here, and traffic flow is horridly slow at times...nothing like Phoenix and being on a GRID!!

The weather is much more to my liking so far, the winter is chilly to cold some days, but the sun is warm as like AZ, but not as intense in the Summer. I have yet to experience the humidity in the depths of July, but overall the change in climate hasn't been too dramatic.

I'm a young black male and Phoenix is lacking is many areas for my age group, I have to give it to Atlanta here. The various groups rather it be younger (18-23) (24-33) and the adult crowd (38-45) 50+ can all have fun together out here. It's not a popularity contest because the vast number of people out here make it new and interesting every weekend you party or entertain in the city. Phoenix is picking up its pace, but it doesn't have the scene in music, history, or global exposure that ATL has. Its been a great change for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: