Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2016, 07:26 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
The plan is for a chef-driven restaurant to occupy the Crum & Forster building. A museum of some sort would have been nice.
Okay a restaurant will be cool too. Thanks for sharing that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 10:34 PM

770 posts, read 603,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
At first I was a little irritated that they didn't incorporate the Crum into the overall design, but now I'm glad it stands alone like a totally separate space. It's such a beautiful building and I'm not sure it would have connected will with CODA anyway, and now we can just pretend that it was never meant to be part of that development. It's just a piece of history sitting there that survived, well, partly intact. Maybe they can come up with some appropriate use for it like a museum or library or something.
I disagree, I think they could have had small nods to the Crum building, i.e. the three arches could have been a part of some design aspect, without taking away the modernness. You don't have to do a lot to do it, but something would be smart, so it's not just random old building and towering structure next to it.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:37 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Yes. We still need several things in Midtown for it to be complete such as a retail shopping district, at least two more grocery stores, some more entertainment such as an bowling alley and a movie theater (Colony Square) and it will be complete but overall Midtown has improved significantly since I been back in Atlanta in 2009
It's too bad the new Colony Square is still 2 years away because I think it will be a catalyst for bringing a whole new kind of the retail and activities to Midtown proper. The developer has mentioned Italian market Eataly as well as other entertainment options (besides the movie theater) as possibilities. Of course the Whole Foods also opens in 2018.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:42 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Yes. We still need several things in Midtown for it to be complete such as a retail shopping district, at least two more grocery stores, some more entertainment such as an bowling alley and a movie theater (Colony Square) and it will be complete but overall Midtown has improved significantly since I been back in Atlanta in 2009
Movie theater is located in AS, as well as 2 options a few MARTA stations north at Phipps Plaza and Tower Place (both easily walkable from MARTA stations.) Also, is bowling as big as it once was with my parents generation to warrant another one so close to Midtown Bowl, Midtown Bowl - Atlanta Bowling & Event Venue?

Old 10-10-2016, 07:36 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,753,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Movie theater is located in AS, as well as 2 options a few MARTA stations north at Phipps Plaza and Tower Place (both easily walkable from MARTA stations.) Also, is bowling as big as it once was with my parents generation to warrant another one so close to Midtown Bowl, Midtown Bowl - Atlanta Bowling & Event Venue?
Im talking about in the core of Midtown from 17th st to North Ave. What I love about super urban cities is being able to leave your residence and be able to walk and with no type of plans and just find and endless supply of entertainment right at your footsteps. We have the restaurants, bars/clubs, etc but more big entertainment venues are needed in Midtown IMO such as what I listed

Last edited by fieldm; 10-10-2016 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-17-2016, 01:15 PM

Iconic Kodak building to be redeveloped.

Midtown Atlanta

Old 10-17-2016, 02:38 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,695,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Iconic Kodak building to be redeveloped.

Midtown Atlanta
Cool! Hopefully that'll help lead to even more infill in that area. There's a decent amount of open lot space there.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:57 AM

Latest renderings from The Strandard, Midtown student housing development.

Georgia Tech's latest Midtown housing, The Standard, to be anything but - Curbed Atlanta

Old 10-19-2016, 01:02 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,868 times
Please tell me they eliminated that drive-thru exit onto Spring street. For a district trying to become more pedestrian friendly a curb cut on a major street for a restaurant drive-thru should be a non-starter.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:22 PM

770 posts, read 603,940 times
They aren't getting rid of that Starbucks drive-thru, that place is slammed every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta