Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,181 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,

Hoping to hear some responses on places/apartments with a large Indian community near Cumberland Boulevard/Cumberland mall, I went to Swapna Indian cuisine last night and saw a lot of Indians but when I came out it was all Africans (at least majority of them) on the roads and malls. I am aware that it is a shopping area and we tend to see diverse variety of people but again, I am planning to bring my family here and would love if someone can post me a few places with a sizable groups (In close proximity).

Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, Krishna

Last edited by dadisnotatm; 12-21-2014 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: added more details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 08:27 AM

562 posts, read 1,791,257 times
There are a lot of Indians in Atlanta, and a lot that live in the surrounding communities. But all of the ones I know ( I am also indian) live in homes and not apartments. Perhaps the local community can help.

India American Cultural Association (IACA)IACA

Old 12-21-2014, 12:41 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,645,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadisnotatm View Post
Hi Friends,

Hoping to hear some responses on places/apartments with a large Indian community near Cumberland Boulevard/Cumberland mall, I went to Swapna Indian cuisine last night and saw a lot of Indians but when I came out it was all Africans (at least majority of them) on the roads and malls. I am aware that it is a shopping area and we tend to see diverse variety of people but again, I am planning to bring my family here and would love if someone can post me a few places with a sizable groups (In close proximity).

Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, Krishna
You are better off living in Sandy Springs if you want to be near a sizable Indian community! The Indian Community in Sandy Springs is very large and it is only about 15 minutes from the Cumberland area.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:47 PM

178 posts, read 618,309 times
I'd agree with the above. I have a few Indian friends living on Akers Mill and Powers Ferry rd area. Some of the Indian families I know are fan of the Walton complexes and spots near the river. Walton seems to focus on creating a family environment as much as they can and maybe that's what draws Indian families. Lots of Indians working in the area as well near the Coca Cola building with the big fountain on Windy Hill rd. Also, I see you mentioned Swapna. I wonder if you tried Vatica, which is a few miles away. The Indian food there is excellent and the owner is a charming and sarcastic older fellow.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:25 AM

29 posts, read 42,566 times
I agree that the Walton apartment complexes in that area are popular with Indians. There are also alot of Indians in the apartments that are in the Circle 75 Pkwy/Akers Mill/ Hirodian Way/Spring Hill Pkwy areas. I've seen many of them walking to work.

Another popular Indian area is Ashford Dunwoody Road. There are tons who live in the apartment complexes off that road. I used to live in the Point at Perimeter right behind the Chili's on ADR and the complex was like 50% Indian.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:15 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,163,439 times
As you probably know, there's an Indian cultural association on Cooper Lake Rd in Smyrna:

India American Cultural Association (IACA) - About IACAIACA

Perhaps they have insight about areas near Cumberland Mall you're looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta