Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 01:22 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egatsby View Post
Long time lurker first time poster. I actually read a long thread about the westend in here before I made my purchase back in Feb. I bought a home on Oak so and I am very happy with my purchase. I love the neighborhood it has character. I got 20k from the city to move in and it appraised for 30k more than what I paid for it
Welcome to the neighborhood, I'm a block over on West End Place purchased June 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 03:04 PM

72 posts, read 70,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egatsby View Post
Long time lurker first time poster. I actually read a long thread about the westend in here before I made my purchase back in Feb. I bought a home on Oak so and I am very happy with my purchase. I love the neighborhood it has character. I got 20k from the city to move in and it appraised for 30k more than what I paid for it
Hey neighbor. I just bought on the north end of Peeples and got the similar down payment assistance from the city. Neighborhood is great! Looking forward to the future here.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:29 AM

371 posts, read 456,711 times
How does the down payment assistance work? Not the FHA loan, which I know about, but the assistance from the city. Or are they somehow related? Please share relevant links. As I've stated before, maybe on this same thread, I'd love to get in this area before they finish the Beltline here (before prices skyrocket!). The West End is at the top of my list of desirable and still affordable neighborhoods.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:01 AM

141 posts, read 243,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuiOui View Post
How does the down payment assistance work? Not the FHA loan, which I know about, but the assistance from the city. Or are they somehow related? Please share relevant links. As I've stated before, maybe on this same thread, I'd love to get in this area before they finish the Beltline here (before prices skyrocket!). The West End is at the top of my list of desirable and still affordable neighborhoods.
2x I'm looking to leave the North and the West End sounds very attractive. Please if I could get some assistance that's a big plus.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:41 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,849,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuiOui View Post
We'll be closing in about 3 weeks on a house in Westview near the border of Westview and West End (about two or three blocks from the Beltline, Enota Park, and KIPP Stive.) Because of our income, we didn't qualify for down payment assistance. But this is some of the information that the initial realtor sent us about FHA and down payment assistance programs.

Affordable Housing |
Atlanta BeltLine Affordable Housing Programs - Westview Atlanta | Westview Atlanta
Atlanta BeltLine Homes | Buy a Home or Rehab a Home
Invest Atlanta | Atlanta Development Authority

There are also community groups on Facebook for both West End and Westview that are very informative as well. Good Luck!

Old 05-30-2015, 07:21 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
We'll be closing in about 3 weeks on a house in Westview near the border of Westview and West End (about two or three blocks from the Beltline, Enota Park, and KIPP Stive.) Because of our income, we didn't qualify for down payment assistance. But this is some of the information that the initial realtor sent us about FHA and down payment assistance programs.

Affordable Housing |
Atlanta BeltLine Affordable Housing Programs - Westview Atlanta | Westview Atlanta

There are also community groups on Facebook for both West End and Westview that are very informative as well. Good Luck!
Congratulations and thank you for investing in a westside neighborhood.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:24 AM

371 posts, read 456,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post

Affordable Housing |

Thanks so much! I look forward to browsing thru those links. I regularly follow the West End Facebook page and the "Our West End Newsletter" Facebook page. I'm a serial lurker but I love seeing the great things happening in that community.. from the porch parties to the family-friendly events hosted by the neighborhood association. I also used to follow a blog called Westview Bungalow, about a couple that bought and renovated their home.. They were really into gardening, I recall. I suppose those might be your new neighbors now Congrats on your new home!! Hopefully I won't be too far behind ya

Old 10-02-2017, 05:58 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,999 times
Monday Night Brew is open in the West End on the Beltline.

https://atlanta.eater.com/2017/9/28/...tline-west-end

Old 10-03-2017, 06:27 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Monday Night Brew is open in the West End on the Beltline.

https://atlanta.eater.com/2017/9/28/...tline-west-end
Beautiful space, not direct connection to the WST (yet), but the custom base does not reflect the community AT ALL.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:36 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Beautiful space, not direct connection to the WST (yet), but the custom base does not reflect the community AT ALL.
And your point is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta