Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 07:10 PM

6 posts, read 7,105 times

Advertisements

My husband just accepted an outside sales job with a territory in Alpharetta/Norcross/Duluth. He would have to travel 1 day a week to Duluth to to the office. We live in the Smyrna/Mableton area and currently he travels to Buford each day and we are NOT subjecting him that long commute if we can control it any longer!

Where do you think would be ideal to move considering traffic/commute to his territory to with approximately a $300,000 budget? We're thinking E. Suwanee, S. Cumming (exit 12) and possibly Alpharetta/Johns Creek but ideal neighborhoods are difficult to find in our price range as we've been driving around. We have a one year old and want Swim/Tennis/Playground and TONS of kids! We want an updated/newer home (2000+). We basically want it all!

We have an agent we like and her speciality is in the Sandy Springs/Roswell area. She is focusing more on the sale of our home then the house search- since we cannot BE under contract until our house is under contract. Houses are moving fine in our neighborhood so we're not too worried- I just want to know what would be good as far as traffic/quality of life is concerned. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 07:27 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,035,578 times
Roswell, Norcross, or Peachtree corners would work the best.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:28 AM

The three areas we like the least . Is Norcross family-friendly? From my knowledge, it's not the "suburbia" feel we really are seeking..

Old 04-01-2015, 05:12 PM

122 posts, read 186,481 times
Your budget won't go far in Sandy springs. I would look at cumming... Can get a great house for 300k there.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1324 View Post
Your budget won't go far in Sandy springs. I would look at cumming... Can get a great house for 300k there.
I agree! We liked a lot of Cumming- just my husband thinks it's too far with traffic to go to Duluth or Norcross. We really don't know- just assume.. What do you know regarding traffic that way?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:22 PM

122 posts, read 186,481 times
I'm not familiar with the traffic patterns there, but judging from the distance the commute wouldn't be great, but about average for atlanta standards (30-45min). Big trade off between house and commute... You could look in Duluth itself and probably find something nice... But likely not as new as in cumming.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:41 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
Depend on what his Driving times are. Most Outside Sales job tend to be after the prime rush hours. They need to let the people they are meeting with get to work first.

That being said, Exit 12 are there are ReSales in the 250K - 300K range (4BR) Built in the late 90's early 2000's

Since alot of his travels are over the river, I might suggest looking for homes in the Forsyth Lambert HS Feeding zone, or the Eastern Part of South Forsyth Feeding Zone. There are home there but they move FAST, So you have to be ready.

I would find a Realtor who works in the area you are buying in, your Cobb R/E Agent should not be the one you should use for your home search.

i like harrynorman.com web site for looking at listing, it let you narrow them down by school, sub/division etc.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:43 PM

20 posts, read 24,045 times
Roswell (either east or west) will have property in that price range. Schools are wonderful and the parks are amazing.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:36 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,035,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1017 View Post
The three areas we like the least . Is Norcross family-friendly? From my knowledge, it's not the "suburbia" feel we really are seeking..
If you can't find suburbia in Roswell then you aren't looking very hard. Get a realtor who knows the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta