Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 10:10 AM

196 posts, read 389,012 times

Advertisements

OK, let me clarify - I'm not talking about "Art community living" or any shared living situation. That means rip-offs like Studioplex, which only serve to monetize and profit off of the wannabe artist are OUT. I am trying to find a live work space. Could be a flat, a loft (not a luxury loft - a real live work loft that maximizes the working space and offers private access). Or it could be a commercial space with a living area attached. Could be something that could be what I need after a wall or two is erected... SOMETHING that I can work with here. It could be a former business - so long as I can work AND live there! I am looking to start a photography / graphics studio. The ceilings have to be high. The space should be at least as large as a dance studio. The parking must not be an issue, since i might be shooting an entire band, for example. It has to be like that, plus I need independence - not looking to live in a community!

I think these spaces exist in the Atlanta Metro - but they aren't being listed as live/work. Maybe they aren't being listed at all? I cannot find them under that search term! Do they have them here? I don't know? Maybe there's someone who knows the real estate of this area (if your into real estate, I'm looking at the warmer parts of Atlaanta Metro - going towards southeast Dekalb, northwest Clayton... The winter has taught me that further North is the frozen tundra during the winter - I'd like more comfortable situations if possible...).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 11:10 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Maybe this should be moved to the Atlanta board?

Maybe you need a Realtor in the Atlanta area?

Maybe your expectations are little too high?

Old 05-22-2015, 11:32 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times
If your not having luck on your computer, you need to step away from your desk and actually call a realtor in the towns you like. Call several. Tell them what you want. They are familiar with the area and will know what your looking for.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:57 PM

Aren't all the realtors on the computer? Who uses a realtor who doesn't have an internet presence? How would you find them??? Seriously, though - I've had management companies and realty people chime in on topics before - you don't need to "step away from the computer" - and also I wasn't talking about how I was searching or whether I was looking "offline" or not so much as just telling you what I was coming up with and if it actually exists.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Maybe this should be moved to the Atlanta board?

Maybe you need a Realtor in the Atlanta area?

Maybe your expectations are little too high?
Have you ever seen or heard of a photography studio in Atlanta? I HAVE - so if another human can have one, how is my expectations too high? If they can have one, so can I!

These types of responses are not helping the topic - its like the person is just typing something because they are bored and have nothing better to do.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:30 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,745,652 times
Have you tried contacting agents who focus on commercial space? I think most residential agents don't handle these types of properties and most online search engines probably don't deal with commercial listings. I'm thinking that you might come across a commercial agent who knows someone who has a commercial space that is zoned for what you want but they have been having trouble finding a commercial buyer or tenant strictly on the commercial use of the property. IOW, you might present an option they hadn't considered and they might be very happy to have you come along. Contact every commercial agent you can find and see if you have any luck.

Edit: one other thing. I've used Loopnet to search for commercial space. I see they have listings for Atlanta. Commercial real estate is not like residential and there is no single MLS or easy way to find every listing online.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:49 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magusat999 View Post
Aren't all the realtors on the computer? Who uses a realtor who doesn't have an internet presence? How would you find them??? Seriously, though - I've had management companies and realty people chime in on topics before - you don't need to "step away from the computer"
Has nothing to do with computers. Realtors are people, and they visit properties daily. They will have first hand knowledge of what your looking for because they may have visited the property already. This knowledge isn't in a listing, or on any computer.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:36 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,796 times
Soooooo......CLEARLY you're frustrated. The type of place you're looking for is unconventional here in the South; this isn't New York City or San Francisco/LA. If it is to be found, it will be an underground property that only a realtor can reach. Like a previous poster said, you need to go on the internet and locate a commercial broker; or, call a residential one that can refer you. No one else will know about these properties but someone in that circle. It will keeping you from spinning your wheels, and wearing down your patience. Apparently none of the responses on this board have been beneficial. Now, GO FORTH, AND CONQUER....

Old 05-24-2015, 10:45 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magusat999 View Post
OK, let me clarify - I'm not talking about "Art community living" or any shared living situation. That means rip-offs like Studioplex, which only serve to monetize and profit off of the wannabe artist are OUT. I am trying to find a live work space. Could be a flat, a loft (not a luxury loft - a real live work loft that maximizes the working space and offers private access). Or it could be a commercial space with a living area attached. Could be something that could be what I need after a wall or two is erected... SOMETHING that I can work with here. It could be a former business - so long as I can work AND live there! I am looking to start a photography / graphics studio. The ceilings have to be high. The space should be at least as large as a dance studio. The parking must not be an issue, since i might be shooting an entire band, for example. It has to be like that, plus I need independence - not looking to live in a community!

I think these spaces exist in the Atlanta Metro - but they aren't being listed as live/work. Maybe they aren't being listed at all? I cannot find them under that search term! Do they have them here? I don't know? Maybe there's someone who knows the real estate of this area (if your into real estate, I'm looking at the warmer parts of Atlaanta Metro - going towards southeast Dekalb, northwest Clayton... The winter has taught me that further North is the frozen tundra during the winter - I'd like more comfortable situations if possible...).
Its Downtown so not sure if thats okay:
Studioplex
Studioplex Lofts Video Tour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: