Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 06:57 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,596 times

Advertisements

Baldwin Farms?

Have you looked at ACC or Indian Hills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,596 times
I can see that...You probably found East Hampton a little Stepford-ish. You could check out Asheforde and Camden Place, but...

Have you looked into just moving into the city? The more I read, it really doesn't sound like East Cobb is a good fit for you.

I'm just at a loss as to where you'll find a big new house in the 800's in a swim/tennis of all other big new houses, that's close-in for a commute to Lenox, but not over-run with children and not too suburban?? And you want ok-ish schools? Maybe Brookhaven? IDK...I'm not really coming up with much right now...

Old 06-16-2015, 07:42 PM

35 posts, read 51,083 times
We moved from SF so the appeal of true in town living is really lost on us. We're over the hassle!
Yes, that was my initial impression of Easthampton. Granted, I was six months pregnant, moving across the country and throwing my career into shambles so I was a bit of a hot mess at the time anyway!

ACC is a little "old" but we're starting to explore Indian Hills.

The thing I do like about parts of EC is the proximity to Roswell and the River. That is cool. The river is right there for paddleboarding or shooting the hootch or whatever.

We like Camden Place. Right now the only houses available are down/across the street from the pool so we may just wait for something to pop up on the other side.

I'm drooling over a house in Tiffany Park but there's no swim tennis. Not sure if you can leach on to another neighborhood's swim tennis or not?!

Old 06-16-2015, 09:07 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboston88 View Post
We moved from SF so the appeal of true in town living is really lost on us. We're over the hassle!
Yes, that was my initial impression of Easthampton. Granted, I was six months pregnant, moving across the country and throwing my career into shambles so I was a bit of a hot mess at the time anyway!

ACC is a little "old" but we're starting to explore Indian Hills.

The thing I do like about parts of EC is the proximity to Roswell and the River. That is cool. The river is right there for paddleboarding or shooting the hootch or whatever.

We like Camden Place. Right now the only houses available are down/across the street from the pool so we may just wait for something to pop up on the other side.

I'm drooling over a house in Tiffany Park but there's no swim tennis. Not sure if you can leach on to another neighborhood's swim tennis or not?!

Seriously...just go with EastHampton, Baldwin Farms, or Waterford Green.

You should also look into River Park. It is newer like you want, but is included in the Hampton Farms swim/tennis community.

Hampton Farms - Home Page

Old 06-16-2015, 09:10 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Seriously...just go with EastHampton, Baldwin Farms, or Waterford Green.

You should also look into River Park. It is newer like you want, but is included in the Hampton Farms swim/tennis community.

Hampton Farms - Home Page

Sorry...River Park homes are well over one million dollars!

Old 06-17-2015, 05:16 AM

Yes, those are LOVELY!!!!
I would say boom and be done with it if I could swing that ;-)

Old 06-17-2015, 05:55 AM

550 posts, read 989,506 times
So I do get where you are coming from. My hometown in the NE is a historic, walkable town with excellent schools, charming main street, 20 minute train ride to city center. East Cobb is not that. But, I really think it is a great place to raise kids and can meet what you are looking for. I will say that locations Aries mentions above are excellent, the schools are great, and I know people in all of those neigbhorhoods who are NOT stepford-like AT ALL. It is really great to have a neighborhood where your kids always have friends at the pool, the bus stop, etc. etc. I have one kid at Timber Ridge and one at Mt. Bethel and we are very happy with both of those schools. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:58 AM

Thanks!
I'm narrowing down to Waterford Green, Hampton Farm in East Cobb and my husband has now thrown Sandy Springs with the Heards Ferry/Ridgeview/Riverwood cluster in the mix. ugh!!

Old 06-17-2015, 06:00 AM

Yes, I think your husband's suggestion is worth considering. There wasn't anything in our price range at the time we were looking, but I have friends who graduated from Riverwood and had good experiences and I have heard good things from families currently at Heards Ferry.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:12 AM

Ashebrooke? Ashebrooke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta