Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 12:46 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Boston does have some great beauty colleges.
Funny guy!

Old 06-19-2015, 12:53 PM

2,427 posts, read 2,478,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
In my industry, prestige is a major factor and most of my employer's clients are in large metros like San Francisco, Boston, NYC, and Chicago. These are all prestigious, industry-leading cities with large financial sectors, a dominant tech sector in San Francisco, etc.

Cities like Atlanta and the FL cities are never mentioned as prestigious. Texas is, somewhat, but still far, far less prestigious than the premiere CA and northeastern metros.

Do you think Atlanta has the prestige of northeastern metros, CA metros, Chicago, etc?

No... Its funny because i just posted yesterday on how i think Atlanta doesnt feel like a real City. Please see my quote below:

I have to be honest, and im a Georgia Native, but it's Just something About Georgia and Atlanta that just doesn't come up as real to me sometimes. After visiting tons of Places and living in other States, sometimes i feel like Atlanta in General doesn't have an Identity of it's own, Almost like a fake City of sorts. It's almost like a bunch of put together things or ideals from other Cities rolled in one. It's like if you buy a Home here your not getting a lot and let me be clear about not getting alot. Im not speaking of home size or land area because you can get a lot for your money but the quality of life or the quality of being in a Real City like a San Fransico, Philly, Chicago, Los Angeles, Etc. Tennessee Cities like Nashville and Knoxville even have a better quality of life and higher home values. In my opinion and of course this is my opinion but i just feel like Georgia in General doesn't maintain its landscaping well. Not well kept or manicured at all and you Notice it once you Cross the State line. On a more local scale, ride down Riverdale Rd. in Clayton County and you see every thing and its not just landscaping issues to be a Suburban Area.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:54 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
In the south, yes, it has more prestige than metros such as Dallas, Houston, Orlando, etc.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:00 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
No... Its funny because i just posted yesterday on how i think Atlanta doesnt feel like a real City. Please see my quote below:

I have to be honest, and im a Georgia Native, but it's Just something About Georgia and Atlanta that just doesn't come up as real to me sometimes. After visiting tons of Places and living in other States, sometimes i feel like Atlanta in General doesn't have an Identity of it's own, Almost like a fake City of sorts. It's almost like a bunch of put together things or ideals from other Cities rolled in one. It's like if you buy a Home here your not getting a lot and let me be clear about not getting alot. Im not speaking of home size or land area because you can get a lot for your money but the quality of life or the quality of being in a Real City like a San Fransico, Philly, Chicago, Los Angeles, Etc. Tennessee Cities like Nashville and Knoxville even have a better quality of life and higher home values. In my opinion and of course this is my opinion but i just feel like Georgia in General doesn't maintain its landscaping well. Not well kept or manicured at all and you Notice it once you Cross the State line. On a more local scale, ride down Riverdale Rd. in Clayton County and you see every thing and its not just landscaping issues to be a Suburban Area.
Thank you for calling this person out...I thought there was something fishy about this thread - and here it is. Seems like this person just wants to bash Atlanta.

And what's with all of the random capitalization? Very strange.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Thank you for calling this person out...I thought there was something fishy about this thread - and here it is. Seems like this person just wants to bash Atlanta.

And what's with all of the random capitalization? Very strange.

Not Saying Atlanta hasnt made a name for itself, because it has. Just a little too much too soon. Much of what has become Atlanta came in the past 20 to 25 years so its new and kinda just thrown up. Just not alot of real solid history like in a Chicago, NewYork, Phily, Sanfran etc.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:38 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,619 times
Atlanta has been around since the mid 1800's, now how is that not a solid history?

Old 06-19-2015, 02:04 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
For those who respond "no," I'm curious as to why? During my career, those I have dealt with globally think Atlanta is, in fact, prestigious.
There ya go.

Different eyes see different things.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Atlanta has been around since the mid 1800's, now how is that not a solid history?
Every place has some type of history but You know what i mean Clayton, just not the same type of Solid City period... Most Sunbelt Cities arent. But all of this is just opinion, and every one likes different things.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:24 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
We're in the financial sector.

I think it's interesting how we have several clients even in Ohio but only one anywhere in the South.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:41 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post

Landscaping is a style choice. I preferred manicured myself, but Atlantans generally like a more natural look. Its not that its not maintained. Its that its maintained differently. Its more a forest look than a manicured lawn.

What "quality of life" is better other than you don't like the landscaping style here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta