Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 PM

9 posts, read 23,900 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have to move to ATL in June. I'm a 26 year old, college grad, outgoing (yet serious) looking to network with some people in my industry. I've been doing my research on Atlanta...jobs, houses, apts...for about 2 months now and still can't figure out where to stay while I'm out there. Besides hearing all the negative information about certain areas, there are just to many counties, sub-divisions, locations... in Atlanta. So, with that being said, if your from Philly or previously lived here can you compare some of the areas down there to those up here, so that I can form some kind of an idea????

Ex...Buckhead- is that in comparison to Center City?
Midtown- is that in comparison to North Philly?
Grant Park- is that similar to Chestnut Hill?

I need help, all replies will be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 06:36 PM

274 posts, read 860,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarah24 View Post
Hello,

I have to move to ATL in June. I'm a 26 year old, college grad, outgoing (yet serious) looking to network with some people in my industry. I've been doing my research on Atlanta...jobs, houses, apts...for about 2 months now and still can't figure out where to stay while I'm out there. Besides hearing all the negative information about certain areas, there are just to many counties, sub-divisions, locations... in Atlanta. So, with that being said, if your from Philly or previously lived here can you compare some of the areas down there to those up here, so that I can form some kind of an idea????

Where do you live in Philly now? CC, South, North, Fishtown.............
Do you like the city or the 'burbs? Are you buying or renting? The is crime everywhere you go here. No place is exempt. Some areas are just a bit more than touchy then others.
I lived in Philly for 20 years and hated every minute of it. My daughter lives in So. Philly.
Did Los Angeles for 18 years and now I'm back to my southern roots.
You might like Atlantic Station in downtown ATL.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 5,308 times
Default From Camden

Hi, My name is Christine, I moved to ATL about 2 years ago. I'm from Camden New Jersey but I have alot of family in Philly. Buckhead is like Center City, and is expensive. Nothing is like North Philly lol, College Park, Forest Park and parts of Decatur are rough, now that I am used to the quiet. It just doesnt compare to Philly. It's like night and day. Are you moving soon? What kind of area are you looking for? I will try to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarah24 View Post
Hello,

Old 04-27-2008, 05:38 PM

39 posts, read 140,880 times
Area around Downtown Decatur is somewhat like Chestnut Hill. Strong local businesses, good restaurants, diversity, lots of education, safe, beautiful.

(I lived in Mt. Airy and now live in Decatur near Emory University)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta