Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 06:53 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,443,661 times

Advertisements

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/worlds...153012402.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 07:16 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,913,077 times
I have a friend that works for TSA in Atlanta and this what he said today on Facebook

I see I'm going to have to continue my on the road lecture series this morning.... until you find someone who can financially carry the liability they can miss me with that. Also Miguel Southwell doesn't have the power to remove us he answers to the city and it would be cheaper to replace HIM than it would be to replace us...We helped move 100 million people through that damn place last year, passenger travel is up exponentially and his ass wants to bark about wait times. Instead issuing threats he PERSONALLY can't follow through on how about he lobby for us some more screeners...

Old 02-19-2016, 07:18 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,754,495 times
Im cool with how they act just open up some more damn security lanes. If its 18 lanes at least 14 of them should always be open

Old 02-20-2016, 06:19 AM

84 posts, read 123,922 times
Overall I haven't had any issue with the TSA agents themselves at HJA. The issue seems to be with upper management and scheduling. They just always seem to be understaffed. Yeah some days will be busier than others but, generally speaking, airport and TSA management have (or should have) a pretty good indication of busy periods and peak points.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:40 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,528,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I have a friend that works for TSA in Atlanta and this what he said today on Facebook

I see I'm going to have to continue my on the road lecture series this morning.... until you find someone who can financially carry the liability they can miss me with that. Also Miguel Southwell doesn't have the power to remove us he answers to the city and it would be cheaper to replace HIM than it would be to replace us...We helped move 100 million people through that damn place last year, passenger travel is up exponentially and his ass wants to bark about wait times. Instead issuing threats he PERSONALLY can't follow through on how about he lobby for us some more screeners...
didn't read the article, does shape up mean, stop acting like you work for Soul Plane Airlines? Is that the translation?

Old 02-20-2016, 06:54 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,010,260 times
Quote:
We helped move 100 million people through that damn place last year, passenger travel is up exponentially and his ass wants to bark about wait times. Instead issuing threats he PERSONALLY can't follow through on how about he lobby for us some more screeners...
TSA in ATL did not clear 100M people last year in Atlanta, It cleared about 30M (Yes still a big number), but only the "O"&D passengers are screened. TSA does not clear the connecting passengers (Other then international transit) in Atlanta.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:10 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,262,014 times
Quote:
Understandable that he wants to defend his job, but your friend is misinformed.

Quote:
SPP is designed to meet the requirement for the "opt-out" program established in the Aviation and Transportation Security Act of 2001 (ATSA). Airport operators are allowed to apply to TSA to have screening functions performed by qualified private screening contractors through SPP
https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...ening-contract

https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/screening-partnerships

Arguably writing a letter to the head of the TSA about the wait times is lobbying to get Atlanta more screeners, exactly what your friend requested.

That said, we could certainly do without the "ghetto" reference in the title—there is nothing "ghetto" about the TSA and using that racially-coded word does nothing to further the discussion about the real problem, which is the agency's understaffing at the Atlanta airport.

Last edited by magnetar; 02-20-2016 at 10:24 AM..

Old 02-20-2016, 09:20 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,913,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxstation View Post
didn't read the article, does shape up mean, stop acting like you work for soul plane airlines? Is that the translation?
������

Old 02-20-2016, 12:24 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
That said, we could certainly do without the "ghetto" reference in the title—there is nothing "ghetto" about the TSA and using that racially-coded word does nothing to further the discussion about the real problem, which is the agency's understaffing at the Atlanta airport.
No kidding. Why would someone even think that, much less say it in writing?

Old 02-20-2016, 12:33 PM

37,885 posts, read 41,980,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
What's up with this dumba$$ headline of yours? The article talks about understaffing and you create this stupid, trollish thread topic. Smh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta