Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 12:56 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times

Advertisements

New video gives best glimpse yet of Grant Park’s ‘Beacon’

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 08:14 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Another development coming to Memorial Dr. SE Atlanta is on fire!

Memorial Drive

Old 08-30-2016, 12:57 PM

LaFrance Walk bring 17 homes to Edgewood, walking distance to Edgewood Retail District and Edgewood/Candler Park Station.
Edgewood is on FIRE!
First look: Near Edgewood MARTA,

Old 08-31-2016, 07:38 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
LaFrance Walk bring 17 homes to Edgewood, walking distance to Edgewood Retail District and Edgewood/Candler Park Station.
Edgewood is on FIRE!
First look: Near Edgewood MARTA,
That sucks. The last thing Atlanta needs is more dead end streets.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:40 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,695,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That sucks. The last thing Atlanta needs is more dead end streets.
Not sure there's much they could do otherwise unless they demolished existing houses and tied in at Binder Pl.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Another development coming to Memorial Dr. SE Atlanta is on fire!

Memorial Drive
Developers release progressive vision for 350 Memorial Drive in Grant Park - Curbed Atlanta

Old 09-13-2016, 08:24 AM

More development coming to the NE corner of Grant Park.

Old

Old 09-13-2016, 05:00 PM

61 posts, read 79,269 times
Let me say this disclaimer first: I'm black, I'm an Atlanta native and
I never thought I'd hear someone say Englewood(Grant Park) was "Sought After".
I never thought I'd hear anyone say Kirkwood was "Sought After".
I never thought I'd hear anyone say West End was "Sought After".
I never thought I'd hear anyone say Bolton Rd\Marietta Rd(Upper Westside) was "Sought After".
I never thought I'd hear anyone say anywhere on Metropolitan Pkwy was "Sought After".

I may need to rethink my next housing plans so I can profit on a property, because it seems that Blacks and Latinos are being pushed out of the City of Atlanta, Decatur, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Sandy Springs to the less expensive suburbs(ala College Park/East Point/Clayton County/Stone Mountain/Norcross/Lilburn/Duluth/Acworth/Douglasville

Do most people that moved in these gentrified neighborhoods on the beltine have kids? Outside of Kirkwood(City of Decatur) the schools are pretty bad, but there are some hidden gem schools here and there.

Last edited by darkskinman740; 09-13-2016 at 05:32 PM..

Old 09-13-2016, 07:12 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkskinman740 View Post
Let me say this disclaimer first: I'm black, I'm an Atlanta native and
I never thought I'd hear someone say Englewood(Grant Park) was "Sought After".
I never thought I'd hear anyone say Kirkwood was "Sought After".
I never thought I'd hear anyone say West End was "Sought After".
I never thought I'd hear anyone say Bolton Rd\Marietta Rd(Upper Westside) was "Sought After".
I never thought I'd hear anyone say anywhere on Metropolitan Pkwy was "Sought After".

I may need to rethink my next housing plans so I can profit on a property, because it seems that Blacks and Latinos are being pushed out of the City of Atlanta, Decatur, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Sandy Springs to the less expensive suburbs(ala College Park/East Point/Clayton County/Stone Mountain/Norcross/Lilburn/Duluth/Acworth/Douglasville

Do most people that moved in these gentrified neighborhoods on the beltine have kids? Outside of Kirkwood(City of Decatur) the schools are pretty bad, but there are some hidden gem schools here and there.
No one is being pushed out. They are being offered sums of money that they choose to take to leave, because as these neighborhoods get safer white people are willing to pay more to live there.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:19 PM

61 posts, read 79,269 times
That is true to a point but people are being pushed out. Particularly the elderly, retirees, or anyone else who are at a fixed income levels. As areas are gentrified the home values may increase but the taxes increase dramatically as well. In some cases to unaffordable amounts. So for example if you are a single teacher or even a police officer that bought a home when it was affordable, your income isn't going up much anytime soon unless you get a serious promotion. So your mortgage increases thanks to the tax increases to unaffordable levels you are forced to sell long before you can truly benefit from the real property value increases that come later. Sure there are those that make a nice profit from the house they bought 30 yrs ago for $30,000. But majority of those folks probably don't even know the true value of their homes unless they get a good agent. Then there are those paying rent and new ownership comes in and jack the rent up.....they are forced to leave. It is capitalism but capitalism is all about taking advantage of an opportunity. Unfortunately those people are on the bad end of that capitalism opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta