Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 11:27 AM

364 posts, read 418,902 times

Advertisements

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/06/...ac-draft-oped/

So that scathing editorial column that Kasim Reed supposedly drafted was actually written by lobbyists and the SuperPac Correct the Record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 01:09 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,722,365 times
Is there some reason to think that the editorial was submitted without Reed's knowledge or permission? If not, then who cares? Seems like someone is desperately trying to find something to say to defend Sanders. That kind of desperation just highlights the inherent lack of confidence in Sanders defenses with regard to the criticisms lodged.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:48 PM

654 posts, read 529,021 times
I don't really see the point here, unless they are claiming the column doesn't represent the mayor's views.

The mayor verbally discussed his position on the issue with a close friend. Asked the friend, who is an expert write, to put it down on paper. Friend then works with another firm to help edit. So what if it's tied to clinton.

What else would you rather him do, have one of his taxpayer paid staff members write it? Write it himself while on the taxpayer payroll? Really not understanding the outrage. In the end the column expresses the mayor's views, who cares who physically hit the keys.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:41 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,702,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCM View Post
I don't really see the point here, unless they are claiming the column doesn't represent the mayor's views.

The mayor verbally discussed his position on the issue with a close friend. Asked the friend, who is an expert write, to put it down on paper. Friend then works with another firm to help edit. So what if it's tied to clinton.

What else would you rather him do, have one of his taxpayer paid staff members write it? Write it himself while on the taxpayer payroll? Really not understanding the outrage. In the end the column expresses the mayor's views, who cares who physically hit the keys.
My issue here is that Mayor Reed, a man who is supposed to be (at least by his own thoughts) a politician of capability, did not write this piece. It doesn't matter if they reflect his views in hind-sight of reading it, I want to see what he can come up with. I want to see that he has put in the time and effort and thought to write an article that adequately explains his point of view, and shows that he is, in fact, informed.

Instead of that, he contracted out to a lobbyist, who worked with one of Ms.Clinton's SuperPacs to create a piece for him to put his name on. All that tells me is that he is capable of being a mouth piece for her administration and nothing else. It comes off as nothing more than political brown-nosing instead of meaningful dedication to policies or ideas.

My issue isn't with his opinions, but rather how he had them produced.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:39 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
It doesn't matter if they reflect his views in hind-sight of reading it,
Yes, it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
I want to see what he can come up with.
He's not your plaything.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:02 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,702,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
He's not your plaything.
No, but he is my mayor, just as much as he is the rest of the city's.

I'd much rather hear what he has to say, then what the campaign has told him to say.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:16 AM
bUU

Again: You have no rational reason to think that what he released isn't what he has to say. You just are grasping at straws to have something nasty to say about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: