Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 07:18 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,936,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Armour would be on the Beltline, so eventually it would potentially get a lot of riders walking/biking/taking light rail transit from Piedmont Heights and Morningside, and maybe some other neighborhoods around it. Armour also has a lot of real estate room to grow and develop, and re-develop. Also, there's only one road going in and out of that area, so it needs something.

I would think all that justifies the slight delay for train riders passing by it. I mean, a lot of riders coming from the north Red/Gold lines would likely someday use the station just for Beltline access.
No, the industrial areas near the proposed Armour infill have been targeted to remain industrial/commercial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I just drew up a little visual of Armour:

I even threw in a new north/south road that I believe is needed for the neighborhood, that would have good sidewalks and bike lanes on it as well, so would serve as Beltline access point for Peachtree Hills neighborhood.

This station is needed, IMO.
You did not include the flood maps and stream buffers, which could reduce the potential buildable land even further.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:32 AM
bu2

24,141 posts, read 14,977,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
No, the industrial areas near the proposed Armour infill have been targeted to remain industrial/commercial.
There are already some apartments in there.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:39 AM

9,834 posts, read 7,301,314 times
Admittedly, Armour isn't at the top of the list for infills, and it might not be needed if Lindbergh ends up being on the Beltline.

Mechanicsville and Boone will hopefully both happen if the tax passes, as top priority, because they would be the best impact for low cost. Krog St probably won't happen anytime soon because of the high cost.

'Murphy Crossing' I think would be better named Adair Park station, and would be good to have, being right on the Beltline, but it sure would be awfully close to West End station.

Uptown/Pershing Point station is in Midtown's transportation plan, but I haven't heard anything from MARTA about it. Nor anything about finally ever doing the long-planned Brookwood and Northside Dr stations. The Northside Dr station would be right on the Beltline, and it would connect with the Northside Dr BRT.

You might could do a Kirkwood/Lake Claire station, between Edgewood and East Lake, but the track is too curved through there.

Finally, there's definitely room on the Blue Line for a Hunter Hills infill station between West Lake and Ashby.

It would just be really cool to finally see some more MARTA stations built. We have been waiting on that for decades.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:10 AM

I think I have let my opinion on the subject be known and will look forward to the election results, who cares about prez I just want to know about MARTA and TSPLOST?Transit | MARTA | SaportaReport

Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,709,543 times
Quote:
I think I have let my opinion on the subject be known and will look forward to the election results, who cares about prez I just want to know about MARTA and TSPLOST?Transit | MARTA | SaportaReport
Good read.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Good read.
I moonlight for the NY Times.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:12 PM

9,834 posts, read 7,301,314 times
Quote:
Nice little piece!

Good luck to the City of Atlanta and its MARTA advocates tomorrow. I'm on the sidelines here, but curious.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:16 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,254,636 times
Nice work cq!!! Great to see good people advocating outside of this lil forum.

I am so excited about tomorrow and it has nothing to do with the disgusting federal election. Oh, but if you are thinking about the presidential election and somehow can't make a decision, one of these candidates will be much friendlier in regards to matching federal funds. She shouldn't be too hard to pick out.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:22 PM

10,742 posts, read 13,432,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Nice work cq!!! Great to see good people advocating outside of this lil forum.

I am so excited about tomorrow and it has nothing to do with the disgusting federal election. Oh, but if you are thinking about the presidential election and somehow can't make a decision, one of these candidates will be much friendlier in regards to matching federal funds. She shouldn't be too hard to pick out.
The debt and equity markets sure want her as president. If Mr. Trump wins expect debt through bonds to become more difficult to raise thereby negatively impacting big infrastructure projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta