Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 04:56 PM

18 posts, read 35,381 times

Advertisements

Anyone on this thread that has lived in Atlanta and Charlotte and is familiar with the Highland Creek neighborhood? My husband's job is requiring us to move to Atlanta and I really love Highland Creek and I am wondering if there are any neighborhoods anywhere outside the perimeter that are similiar.

We have no kids and one dog (and need a fenced yard) and we need to rent for at least a year. Our budget max is $1500. We currently pay $1550 which is stretching it, but the house is large (<2500 sq. ft) and the amenities are great (pools, tennis courts, golf course, high walkability and lots of trees). My husband will be working from home and I would like to work at a college or university or a non-profit of some type.

Just to note, I have visited Atlanta because my husband is from there, but I don't really know it.

Here's link to what Highland Creek looks like: Our Community | Highland Creek Community Association

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 05:44 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
You need to post what area your husband will be working in since traffic here is one step from hell.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:51 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
You need to post what area your husband will be working in since traffic here is one step from hell.
The OP says her husband will be working from home. The better question would be what part of Atlanta is he originally from, since he likely will want to be close to family and friends.

There are neigborhoods like that all over Metro Atlanta, but finding one in your price range could prove a problem.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:53 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The OP says her husband will be working from home. The better question would be what part of Atlanta is he originally from, since he likely will want to be close to family and friends.

There are neigborhoods like that all over Metro Atlanta, but finding one in your price range could prove a problem.
Whoops, missed that. So yeah, the subdivision she described can be found just about anywhere in the area, although at $1,500, I'm not seeing a golf course in the mix.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:13 AM

18 posts, read 35,381 times
Default Don't need a Golf Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Whoops, missed that. So yeah, the subdivision she described can be found just about anywhere in the area, although at $1,500, I'm not seeing a golf course in the mix.
I don't need the golf course, it just adds to the beauty of the neighborhood. I find it hard to believe that that their are many subdivisions like Highland Creek in Atlanta. I traveled to many different areas, and I've never seen one.

Did you look at the links before you answered my question?

I will give you some areas to consider: Sandy Plains, Sandy Springs, Marietta, Ellenwood and in 30316.

Also, for the other person who commented, where my husband used to live is not an issue we are not moving to that area.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:04 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,263,899 times
Highland Creek is beautiful. You might like Suwanee. We have homes here that look very similar to HC with neighborhood pools.

Alley

Old 06-10-2016, 05:45 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,744,007 times
I'm not sure where you're working but try this community in Fayetteville. Amenities
It's in a pretty secluded area but has good access to shopping in Lovejoy and Fayetteville and it's a pretty large community with four subdivisions which all have their own clubhouses. It should be within your price range too. Not sure about the golf course though. If it's in your budget try the Lake Spivey Country Club community Lake Spivey Country Club - We're Lake Spivey Country Club. There are also many other Lake Spivey subdivisions that might cater to you and there's a man-made beach in the area. (This is all in Clayton County BTW)

Old 06-10-2016, 07:32 PM

14 posts, read 18,089 times
Yup Westend at Oak near RDA (condo there)

Totally safe and near where u want;

Good luck

QUOTE=CharlotteRental;44358384]Anyone on this thread that has lived in Atlanta and Charlotte and is familiar with the Highland Creek neighborhood? My husband's job is requiring us to move to Atlanta and I really love Highland Creek and I am wondering if there are any neighborhoods anywhere outside the perimeter that are similiar.

We have no kids and one dog (and need a fenced yard) and we need to rent for at least a year. Our budget max is $1500. We currently pay $1550 which is stretching it, but the house is large (<2500 sq. ft) and the amenities are great (pools, tennis courts, golf course, high walkability and lots of trees). My husband will be working from home and I would like to work at a college or university or a non-profit of some type.

Just to note, I have visited Atlanta because my husband is from there, but I don't really know it.

Here's link to what Highland Creek looks like: Our Community | Highland Creek Community Association

Thanks for any suggestions.[/quote]

Old 06-11-2016, 06:14 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteRental View Post
Anyone on this thread that has lived in Atlanta and Charlotte and is familiar with the Highland Creek neighborhood? My husband's job is requiring us to move to Atlanta and I really love Highland Creek and I am wondering if there are any neighborhoods anywhere outside the perimeter that are similiar.

Thanks for any suggestions.
With you wanting to work at a college or university or a non-profit while living in a suburban community like Charlotte's Highland Creek, one area in the Atlanta metro area that comes to mind is North Cobb and South Cherokee counties where there are a couple of large high-quality suburban communities located relatively very close to the increasingly large and very fast-growing institution of higher learning in Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw in Northwest metro Atlanta.

You could check out Legacy Park in Kennesaw in North Cobb County and Towne Lake in Woodstock in South Cherokee County which are a couple of large master planned communities where you might be most likely to find a detached rental property in your price range close to the very fast-growing Kennesaw State University in what has become a very competitive Atlanta metro rental market over the past couple of years.

Legacy Park, "Atlanta's First Townpark Community"...
Legacy Park - Atlanta's First Townpark Community
Quote:
Legacy Park is one of the Premier Residential Communities in Atlanta. Nestled in the heart of Kennesaw, Georgia, our 117-acre Townpark Community is adorned by lush landscapes, rolling hills, nature trails and streams, a sparkling lake, and surrounded by wildlife & nature preserves.
TowneLaker Magazine (information about the Towne Lake Community)...
AroundAbout TowneLaker - The Voice of Towne Lake

Old 06-16-2016, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,077 times
Moved from Charlotte (Dilworth) to Atlanta two years ago. Happy to help, but where in Charlotte is Highland Creek?

-Just checked your link - are you looking for something similar to Highland Creek or University area?

Last edited by clt-atl; 06-16-2016 at 10:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta