Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 17,504 times

Advertisements

We are moving to ATL for one year for my husband to do a Fellowship at Emory ...

I am a stay at home mom to our 7 month old twins

We are looking to rent a house with these hopefuls ...

around $1500 a month
allows small dogs (fenced backyard would be GREAT!)
renting starting in June
at least 3 bedrooms
unfurnished
safe neighborhood
not a bad commute

I periodically check ajc.homefinder.com ... anyone know anyone hoping to rent in the summer or know of other websites to check out?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 04:42 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,538,991 times
Unfortunately I don't know of a particular website, however I see numerous homes that would match your requirements for rent NE of the main Emory campus. There are several subdivisions in Tucker that would be nice for a young family.

There are older subdivisions closer to Emory along Briarcliff/LaVista/North Druid Hills and Clairmont Rds with many renovated 50's, 60's homes that have yards.

ETA--
Check for subdivisions around Cofer Park in Tucker and Medlock Park/University Heights around Clairmont/N.Decatur Rds almost within walking distance of the main campus.

HTH.

Previous threads with discussions about living in the Emory area. You could contact some of these posters and ask if they know of anything.>>>>>

City-Data Forum - Search Results

Last edited by TakeAhike; 02-18-2008 at 04:51 PM..

Old 02-18-2008, 05:19 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,752,070 times
Craigslist will have some listings. Also, Emory has a listserv for students and faculty with classified ads. I'd call housing to get the access code so you can both post and search the listings.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM

179 posts, read 558,675 times
Default Emory Off-campus housing

Emory has an off-campus housing forum where people in the area can post rentals. Before I moved to Atlanta, I checked it religiously to try and find a place near Emory. We ended up just renting an apartment we found driving around, but it's a very helpful resources. Just do a search for 'off-campus housing' on Emory's website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: