Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 12:22 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,848,078 times

Advertisements

This question is for the likes of OldSchoolChevy and any other old school westside/west end residents. Lucile Ave in the West End is becoming increasingly desirable. But from what I understand, at one point, it was a notorious strip. Could anyone give some history on the once infamous Lucile Ave and any Lucille Ave Boys or Lucile Ave Crew?

I just see remnants of a bygone area along the strip and was just curious....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 06:59 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,293 times
You mean WEA (West End Assassains) maybe? Never heard of Lucille Ave Boys. WEA is the only crew from that area that comes to mind. Harris Homes used to border Lucille Ave going north and maybe there was a crew from those days but I'm not sure. My guess would be you mean WEA.

WEA was actually kinda strange as far as ATL hood crews go. Here in the city they were kinda like a vigilante security force for Jamil Al Amin. Although there is a rumor that one guy in WEA is suspected of killing almost 50 people over a 20 year span. Even had an AJC piece on it a while back. I'll see if I can find it. They pretty much did the dirt Al Amin didn't want to do and they also kept all the other drug and robbing crews from operating in the West End. Outside the city all bets were off and they basically went from Florida to DC robbing drug dealers. I remember hearing about those guys going down to Daytona for stuff like Spring Break and pretty much just robbing any and everybody. They even used to go out of town with tow trucks, pull up to whatever local spot is popping, and steal the flashy cars in the lot and just drive off like they were the repo man or something. I knew some of their names from growing up round the way and I googled them one time a few years back just for a kick, and most of what I found was mugshots and news blurbs from different cities in the south robbery, larceny and other related type scams, none were in Atlanta. That tells me that once Al Amin got arrested and WE started to gentrify more, that they probably all hit the road for good and haven't come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: