Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 02:34 PM

21 posts, read 18,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
The Dekalb Sherriff probably knows
Good one

Old 05-12-2017, 03:09 PM

31 posts, read 28,886 times
Tokyo Valentino

Old 05-12-2017, 03:33 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,872,975 times
There's this kind of underlying implication that all trans girls fit a kind of stereotype and that couldn't be further from the truth, honestly. We're a pretty broad demographic. We're students, office workers, artists, teachers, musicians, models, and small business owners. We're political activists, active duty military, and some of us don't believe in government at all. Some of us are straight, some of us are lesbians, some are bisexual. Some are asexual and don't date at all. Some of us adhere to traditional gender roles and some of us are nonbinary and don't. Some of us are black, some are white, some are Native American and call ourselves two-spirit, a term for trans people that's a few thousand years old.

I'm not trying to be obtuse but that's why the OP's post seems like such a weird question to me. We hang out where everybody else hangs out.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:19 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
There's this kind of underlying implication that all trans girls fit a kind of stereotype and that couldn't be further from the truth, honestly. We're a pretty broad demographic. We're students, office workers, artists, teachers, musicians, models, and small business owners. We're political activists, active duty military, and some of us don't believe in government at all. Some of us are straight, some of us are lesbians, some are bisexual. Some are asexual and don't date at all. Some of us adhere to traditional gender roles and some of us are nonbinary and don't. Some of us are black, some are white, some are Native American and call ourselves two-spirit, a term for trans people that's a few thousand years old.

I'm not trying to be obtuse but that's why the OP's post seems like such a weird question to me. We hang out where everybody else hangs out.
Which is exactly my impression.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:29 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,470,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post

I know someone who converted from male to female, is still married to the women she married when she was male, and lives in the North Fulton suburbs OTP.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:22 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,460 times
Honestly, the fact that some of these disgusting personal attacks stand in this thread, after they have been reported to the moderators, makes me not want to spend time in this forum anymore. The form for reporting posts specifically mentions harassment. That is exactly what has transpired in this thread. I'm tired of participating in a community that has no ethical mooring.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:00 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Better start figuring out a new username, corndog.
That plus the previous comment was beyond reprehensible. I reported that person and so should everyone else. Bryantm3 is a decent and intelligent poster, and by all indications a respectable human being. They do not deserve such sickening abuse. No one does.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:04 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Honestly, the fact that some of these disgusting personal attacks stand in this thread, after they have been reported to the moderators, makes me not want to spend time in this forum anymore. The form for reporting posts specifically mentions harassment. That is exactly what has transpired in this thread. I'm tired of participating in a community that has no ethical mooring.
I have hope it will be dealt with. The mods are regular people with real life jobs too, so I'm not surprised when some things last longer than they should. However if nothing ever happens, I 100% agree with you. Everyone has the right to free speech but that should end when that speech involves racism, sexism, homophobia, and other behavior.

Last edited by toosie; 05-13-2017 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: No demerit - deleted discussing moderator action

Old 05-13-2017, 01:26 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Closed for assigned moderator action. Thank you to those of you who reported problematic posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: