Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:22 PM

322 posts, read 465,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm pretty sure I could whup the average 16 year old. Most of them have never felt the wrath of an old geezer yet they instinctively fear it, as well they should.

With a dog you don't have that psychological advantage.
Unless, the 16 year old is carrying a gun.

I'd rather take my chances with the pit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 06:55 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
You're highly unlikely to find a traditional apartment that allows pitbulls. This is largely as a result of the public's moronic approach to the causes of animal violence. Your best bet is to either rent a house or find a room for rent and speak with the owner about dog ownership.
I personally can't blame apartment complexes for not allowing pit bulls. They are an aggressive breed compared to others.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
Unless, the 16 year old is carrying a gun.

I'd rather take my chances with the pit!
I would rather take my chances with the gun. I have a lesser likelihood of getting shot than getting chased/mauled by a pit bull. I speak from personal experience. I've been around people who had pistols and shot guns. And then I've been around pit bulls. The one time I was shot, it was with a paintball gun. I've been chased by a pit bull more than once.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
If pit bull owners could be relied upon to properly and lovingly train their dogs and keep them under control at all times it would be one thing.

Sadly, too many fail to do that.
And pit bulls are also inherently more aggressive than other breeds. And full-grown pit bulls are huge. Every pit bull I've ever been near seems to want to jump out at me or have this "I gotta jump" instinct. And with pit bulls being big, well, it isn't something I want to deal with. Where I hang out, I see alot of people walking their dogs. Every pit bull I've been near seemed too hyper for its own good, or tries to run after me. Considering that pit bulls have a high rate of attacking people.

What I don't get is the high amount of love for pit bulls. It's like every other person wants one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta