Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 07:25 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Did you hear me yelling at the end?
I scared my dogs!
I watched the whole game, rooting for the Vikings because 1) family 2) like their team this year 3) hate the Saints and Sean Payton

So this is what winning a close one feels like ?!? Feels great. To think SO many times that Atlanta/Georgia missed out on that feeling in various sports. (Crazily enough, my Dad went to FSU so in my childhood we got that "wide right" heartbreak twice in a row, too).

That was amazing that the Vikings had :10 seconds on the clock, back at their own 39 yard line. 61-yard play. Left no time for FG. If he had been tackled after that reception in bounds, would have lost the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 07:51 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,315,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I watched the whole game, rooting for the Vikings because 1) family 2) like their team this year 3) hate the Saints and Sean Payton

So this is what winning a close one feels like ?!? Feels great. To think SO many times that Atlanta/Georgia missed out on that feeling in various sports. (Crazily enough, my Dad went to FSU so in my childhood we got that "wide right" heartbreak twice in a row, too).

That was amazing that the Vikings had :10 seconds on the clock, back at their own 39 yard line. 61-yard play. Left no time for FG. If he had been tackled after that reception in bounds, would have lost the game.
I knew I liked you, primaltech! I was at Wide Right I, and it was painful... But I was also at the 1993 28-10 win at Doak over Miami on the way to the National Championship.

Go Noles! And sorry about your Falcons.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evannole View Post
I knew I liked you, primaltech! I was at Wide Right I, and it was painful... But I was also at the 1993 28-10 win at Doak over Miami on the way to the National Championship.

Go Noles! And sorry about your Falcons.
My Mom went to UGA... the only thing we could agree on in my household was that we all hated the Gators.

Yes, the Seminoles did eventually win a couple of championships during their dynasty, later in the 90's. But it still was a lot of painful close ones along the way, I recall. Then there was that one weird year where we came back in the 4th quarter in incredible fashion, and it ended in a anticlimactic tie. Against Florida, I think.

Same general story with the Braves. We did eventually win one World Series during our golden era, but the 90's overall was kind of tragic and bittersweet. I remember some great happy moments of course, like that magical Francisco Cabrera hit and Sid Bream slide (trivia question: the throw in from left field was from Barry Bonds which was his last time touching the ball as a Pittsburgh Pirate before being traded to the Giants in the offseason), but then we lost all those World Series in Game 6's and Game 7's.

Atlanta United have played one season... heartbreak loss in the playoffs.

And the Hawks/Thrashers never won anything. Never been to the finals. Hawks had that one awesome season recently, went nowhere, and now we suck again.

And, yeah, the good old Falcons. 'nuff said. 28-3, and all the rest.

Of course, the Minnesota Vikings have had a lot of heartache over the course of their franchise history. 4 Super Bowl appearances, 0 wins. And then they can have a beautiful moment like tonight. So maybe there's eventual hope for the Falcons, after all. Maybe Atlanta sports luck in general will turn around, some day. And Georgia.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:28 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
Default Atlanta Falcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

As for missing out, which has happened here aplenty as you wrote, see this note from the New Orleans paper:

After loss to Vikings, 1 mad Saints fan tossed his 65-inch TV off a balcony | NOLA.com

Old 01-15-2018, 09:10 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
As for missing out, which has happened here aplenty as you wrote, see this note from the New Orleans paper:

After loss to Vikings, 1 mad Saints fan tossed his 65-inch TV off a balcony | NOLA.com
Beautiful story!! Did Shakespeare write this??

Old 01-18-2018, 11:12 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times

Old 01-18-2018, 11:56 AM

492 posts, read 535,846 times
Lol.. Keep rubbin that salt..

Old 02-04-2018, 08:22 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Thank you Philly for avenging us!!

Old 02-04-2018, 08:30 PM

492 posts, read 535,846 times
Congratulations Philly Eagles!!

Keep up that Rocky spirit.. that sack and fumble in the 4th quarter is a befitting gift to the so called GOAT��

Old 02-04-2018, 08:37 PM

Looked to me like Brady didn't even shake hands. Sore loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta