Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 06:16 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,754,495 times

Advertisements

It seems like a good number of restaurants are close in Atlanta like that Mexican restaurant at 12th and Midtown and the one in Atlantic Station, Across the Street in Inman Park, World of Beer, etc, etc, etc. Is it because there is more competition with PCM and KSM, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 06:59 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
There is a lot more competition for your dining dollars. None of the restaurants that were listed served memorable or excellent food. Meh food does not cut it unless you are looking for fast food or fast casual dining.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:18 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Factor in that restaurant patrons tend to be a fickle lot. For this reason, I think 'gimmicky' restaurants (like World of Beer) tend to have a short shelf life...been there, done that. If you want to retain repeat business, do the following:

Offer comfortable surroundings
Stress food quality and impeccable service
Offer an inventive and malleable menu
Be the best at what you do; associate yourself with a signature dish or two.

JME

Old 02-28-2018, 07:23 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,879,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
It seems like a good number of restaurants are close in Atlanta like that Mexican restaurant at 12th and Midtown and the one in Atlantic Station, Across the Street in Inman Park, World of Beer, etc, etc, etc. Is it because there is more competition with PCM and KSM, etc?
Even PCM and KSM are seeing 2nd wave of new restaurants now. If your prices are high, but can't delivery on quality of food, then you're not going to survive. Why pay all that money for tacos, when you can have #prisontacos for $1.79/each?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:01 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
The Atlanta restaurant scene was on fire before anyone ever heard of PCM or KSM, but both of those places have added some worthwhile, and in some cases, exemplary dining options.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:10 AM

1,180 posts, read 985,402 times
I read that World of Beer had terrible service. Was riding on the bus with a friend and he pointed it out and we planned to go the following week. By that time, it was closed. I checked the reviews for it and it wasn't good. One place I did like that closed in midtown was BurgerFi. Its downtown location is still open though. I would love a Panda Express somewhere in Midtown or even downtown.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:25 AM
JPD

Is BurgerFi good? I went to the one at CNN once and ordered my burger with white cheddar (listed on the menu) but they put regular cheddar on it, which I would never order. When I brought this to their attention they said they don't have white cheddar and that their menu is wrong. I was offered no recompense, and I didn't enjoy the burger. But maybe i'd enjoy it if I was able to order it the way I like it, and have them actually make it that way. It's too bad, there's no good burger place Downtown. Googie Burger was pretty good but had gone down the tubes last time I went there.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:37 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Is BurgerFi good? I went to the one at CNN once and ordered my burger with white cheddar (listed on the menu) but they put regular cheddar on it, which I would never order. When I brought this to their attention they said they don't have white cheddar and that their menu is wrong. I was offered no recompense, and I didn't enjoy the burger. But maybe i'd enjoy it if I was able to order it the way I like it, and have them actually make it that way. It's too bad, there's no good burger place Downtown. Googie Burger was pretty good but had gone down the tubes last time I went there.
Park Bar has good burgers.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:41 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
Park Bar has good burgers.
Hadn't considered that. I will try them sometime. Their sister restaurant, Sidebar, has a terrible burger with a pre-made patty.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 AM

1,180 posts, read 985,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I only frequented the one in Midtown and my order was always satisfactory. I only have had their veggie burger and it was pretty good. The fries were excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: