Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 08:29 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Are you talking about 85 at 316? I guess it matters what you consider an overpass, but I count a grand total of 16 overpasses if you include every bridge over the creek, and count each overpass separately as it crosses over each part of 85. If you count each real highway overpass bridge, there are four.

That being said, that whole thing is way over-engineered, although it does keep Pleasant Hill and 85 merging traffic separated from 316 merging traffic all at the same time.
Braided ramp bridges must be included as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 09:11 AM

11,811 posts, read 8,018,631 times
Quote:
Are you talking about 85 at 316? I guess it matters what you consider an overpass, but I count a grand total of 16 overpasses if you include every bridge over the creek, and count each overpass separately as it crosses over each part of 85. If you count each real highway overpass bridge, there are four.

That being said, that whole thing is way over-engineered, although it does keep Pleasant Hill and 85 merging traffic separated from 316 merging traffic all at the same time.
We need to get you out to Texas

Old 12-22-2017, 10:53 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Braided ramp bridges must be included as well.
I counted everything I could find where pavement went over something, related to that interchange (Boggs Rd. doesn't count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
We need to get you out to Texas
I've been to Texas plenty of times. Guess where I don't live!

Old 12-22-2017, 10:57 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
I counted everything I could find where pavement went over something, related to that interchange (Boggs Rd. doesn't count).

It appears the braided ramps go all the way to Old Peachtree, was this part of the 316 interchange build?

Old 12-22-2017, 11:11 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
It appears the braided ramps go all the way to Old Peachtree, was this part of the 316 interchange build?
Dude, I don't know or care. I was looking at the intersection he was referring to, not 2.5 miles down the interstate.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:30 AM

11,811 posts, read 8,018,631 times
Quote:
No.

You're talking about the access roads and the criss crossing ramps between the GP lanes and the Access Rd's that provide exits to Boggs Rd, SR 120, Sugarloaf Pkwy, Old Peachtree and terminate just before Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd. These ramps have been in existance and have been in this configuration since the 90's ..although I don't know EXACTLY when they did this, they were like this since before they closed the Rest Area in North Gwinnett and even out date The Mall Of Georgia.

Although there were some adjustments mainly in the way that they provide entry and exit from Pleasant Hill and SR 120.. the overall design has been that way for quite some time.

Quote:
I was only messin with ya, mainly because you noted how that area seemed over engineered... Actually I kind of like coming up on that Interchange coming Southbound especially at night as it is where the street lamps begin on I-85 in Gwinnett and it is basically the first stack of overpasses that let you know you're really approaching something serious...or basically...entering the metro.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:12 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,320,875 times
Quote:
i rode that ferris wheel in downtown atlanta and no one walked by with their groceries. I was so mad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sualpine View Post
well that's how real downtowns work.

"Real" in this instance has the highly technical definition "what he saw on TV and in the movies".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta