Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 01:54 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,240,118 times

Advertisements

CLEAN HOUSE

I hate this and love this at the same time. Current and future administrations are hopefully going to be too scared to be so flagrant with their corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 03:00 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I just read the article in this morning’s AJC. $31,00 to the winner of an ugly sweater and lip synch competition??? That CANNOT be legal!
I thought, it was 34 people...not 1 person?

Either way, it sounds like under handed business but who signed off on the checks?

Felicia Moore seems to be grandstanding but I'll wait to see the full details of the situation.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:13 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
CLEAN HOUSE

I hate this and love this at the same time. Current and future administrations are hopefully going to be too scared to be so flagrant with their corruption.
Better yet, there should be laws written implemented that would make such outrageous "bonuses" illegal if they aren't already. I honestly can't say that I'm terribly surprised given how arrogant Reed showed himself to be during his time as mayor.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:06 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,240,118 times
Oh fun, the figures reported earlier were post-tax. The bonuses were actually much higher. So happy I helped cover the tax bill on those ill gotten bonuses...

Quote:
The bonuses ordered by Reed are higher than the amount reported Tuesday by the AJC because they had been “grossed up,” Lewis said. That means the amount of the checks were increased by about 40 percent so that taxpayers — not the individual employees receiving the bonuses — covered the state and federal taxes on the awards.
Bottoms' chief of staff provided a mild scolding of the recent news. It's still relatively early, but I need to see a very strongly worded statement and then action for KLB not be a party to this in my mind

Quote:
Under intense questioning by City Council’s finance committee on Wednesday, Bottoms’ chief of staff Marva Lewis called the bonuses “excessive” and said the nascent administration would not hand out taxpayer money as prizes for raffles, ugly sweater contests or lip sync competitions.
https://www.myajc.com/news/local-gov...dof2URYiKgNRK/

Old 04-26-2018, 01:05 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Oh fun, the figures reported earlier were post-tax. The bonuses were actually much higher. So happy I helped cover the tax bill on those ill gotten bonuses...

Bottoms' chief of staff provided a mild scolding of the recent news. It's still relatively early, but I need to see a very strongly worded statement and then action for KLB not be a party to this in my mind

https://www.myajc.com/news/local-gov...dof2URYiKgNRK/
I would feel the same way, tiki, were I an Atlanta taxpayer.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:12 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,699,116 times
Newly-breaking reports contain texts that seem to confirm more of the same old stuff from the Reed Administration:

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/break...HTvUh1anNtlkK/

I'm sick of this kind of crappola! It seems to be part and parcel of the operating mode from Atlanta city government! Anyone else here recall how the A.P.D. & the city legal advisors ignored outright &/or slow-walked compliance to the instructions of the judges who looked into the Red Dog Vice Squad criminal behavior in both the Kathryn Johnston case & then the Eagle Bar raid?

Old 04-26-2018, 04:45 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,509 times
There's nothing wrong with calling out KLB. Reed favored her strongly, and she hasn't done anything to distance herself from his corruption. I fear she was simply his heir to the corrupt throne.

Not questioning leaders is unhealthy. It's what Trump supporters do when they call everything fake news. KLB shouldn't be unfallible in anyone's eyes and she absolutely needs to take steps to be honest and transparent.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:51 PM

290 posts, read 313,173 times
I agree, everyone can be called out with some facts but mostly gossip including posters/ posers online in their basement and at the public library

Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
I'm having a good laugh comparing the posts in my topic from over a year ago: //www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...-too-good.html with the posts in this thread. Such a change in attitude over such a short period of time. Several posts in there were criticizing me personally for my wanting kasim reed to be fitted for orange. Looks like I was on the right track.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:41 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,509 times
Maybe Felecia Moore will challenge Bottoms in 4 years and clean house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta