Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 07:05 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealous408 View Post
JPD, Do you know anything about Johns creek, Kennesaw and smyrna? Im looking for a safe suburban community with good schools. Also not too far from downtown atlanta but I understand traffic plays a major role in commuting to and fro downtown.
I don't know much about those areas, except your life will be hell if living there and commuting to Decatur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 07:07 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Still looks like slim pickings in Tucker. Just one SFH listed at that PP.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/Tucker-GA_rb/
There's definitely more available than what Zillow shows, but I suppose my Tucker real estate knowledge is getting a little dated.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:15 AM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
There's definitely more available than what Zillow shows, but I suppose my Tucker real estate knowledge is getting a little dated.
I'm afraid that where Tucker is concerned, the secret is out.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:46 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I'm afraid that where Tucker is concerned, the secret is out.
Thanks in part to me. I had to fight all you naysayers for years. Frankly, that's the reason I joined this forum in the first place. I was seeing no Tucker content other than bashing, and decided to tip the scales. So I win.

But I still think there are deals to be found there.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:20 AM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Thanks in part to me. I had to fight all you naysayers for years. Frankly, that's the reason I joined this forum in the first place. I was seeing no Tucker content other than bashing, and decided to tip the scales. So I win.

But I still think there are deals to be found there.
Well, yes, let's give credit where credit is due. And Tucker is easily one of the best values for housing in the metro.
When my father moved back after years in Florida, he settled in Tucker. He always said that unlike so many suburbs Tucker had retained its down-home character. Seeing your buddies at Matthews Cafeteria, stopping by to say hello to the boys at Cofer Lumber, etc.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:25 PM

927 posts, read 2,226,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl1981 View Post
Hi, I will be moving to the Atlanta area in about a month and am looking to figure out where would be the best place for me to live. I'm single but my elderly parents will be living with me so I'd like a single family house and will be working in Decatur. I'd like to keep my rent around $1,000 or less if possible. Is that doable in that area? I'm fine with a moderate commute (30 minutes each way tops) and safety is important. I see a lot of homes for rent in the Belvedere Park area in that price range. Is that a good area? Thanks for any help you have!
Would this be near the City of Decatur?

If so, I echo Tucker. Also look into Scottdale, North Decatur, Clarkston, and Stone Mountain near North Decatur Rd and E. Ponce de Leon.

You'll have to use discretion and look with a more fine-toothed comb in those non-Tucker areas, because some streets are MUCH better than others. But there are still gems all over there that could fit what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta