Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2006, 07:19 AM

7 posts, read 4,304 times

Advertisements

I got a job offer in Federated Systems , Duluth. Iam planning to relocate from Washington D.C area. . Can anyone tell me how is that company...and also lloking for some houses close to Duluth , GA

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 01:05 PM

7 posts, read 4,304 times
Smile Does anyone here work for federated systems in duluth, ga

I have a job offer and i would like to know more information

Thanks

Old 12-13-2006, 03:23 PM

465 posts, read 2,427,416 times
Don't know about that company, but Duluth is a good, diverse, booming area to live. Great housing choices. Cheaper than you'll ever get in the District! It's about 25 minutes to Atlanta, with good traffic that is, which is a rare thing around these parts.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:35 PM

46 posts, read 284,375 times
Are there any new homes being built in Duluth? If so, who are the builders? We are contemplating a move to TX or a move to GA from FL. My husband would work in Atlanta, and my employer does have a branch out in Duluth that I may be able to get a transfer with...maybe, so I was also interested in finding out info in the area.

Thanks!

Jamie

Old 12-13-2006, 09:59 PM

465 posts, read 2,427,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieFL View Post
Are there any new homes being built in Duluth? If so, who are the builders? We are contemplating a move to TX or a move to GA from FL. My husband would work in Atlanta, and my employer does have a branch out in Duluth that I may be able to get a transfer with...maybe, so I was also interested in finding out info in the area.

Thanks!

Jamie
I don't know the builders in Duluth per say, but yes, they are building up out there. Gwinnett County in general, really, heck, in Atlanta and all over! Not a month goes by here where SOMETHING isn't being built.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:29 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,546,723 times
Congratulations on the job offer. That's always a good feeling.

Duluth and Gwinnett County offer a lot of living options. Unfortunately, there are few traffic options.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 7,578 times
Hi newlyminted! My husband also received a job offer for Federated Systems. I'm also interested to see if anyone has anything else to add to this. My hubby has worked for May Co. for 13 years and during the merger with Federated he got an offer to transfer to Duluth. Luckily we have family that lives in Snellville and they have lived in that area for 20+ years. My hubby still has yet to receive his start date in Duluth. His new manager and his current manager are still fighting over him! LOL! Most likely he'll be going down there mid to late February and me and our children will be joining him in June when preschool is over and our house is sold.

We currently live in Ohio and this is going to be a HUGE change for me and my family. I've lived in Ohio all my life and have never lived more than 10 minutes from most of my family. Plus I have a little boy that will be starting Kindergarten in the fall so I'm very worried about schools and finding a house that is in our price range (the 130'-140's).

By the way, one of my hubby's coworkers/friends already relocated to Federated and he just bought a house in Buford. He absolutely LOVES it down there.

Anyone have anything else to add about Duluth or Federated? Any and all opinions will be GREATLY appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta