Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM

13 posts, read 28,775 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I am relocating to the Woodstock area from a Milwaukee suburb mid April for a job in Woodstock. I had planned on renting a 1 bedroom apartment in or around Woodstock that would have a garage because I will be bringing one of my motorcycles down. I had a bit of time in Woodstock during my job interview and it looks like a really nice town, similar to the suburb I live in now. After checking many apartments online and reviews, I notice even the best in the area (Avonlea Towne Lake, Woodstock) have some bad ratings and don't know if this is just from bad tenants trying to get even. Can someone help me with information on an apartment, townhome rental, or house rental in the area, with a garage? I was looking at Roswell too, how is that area? How is Canton and what would the commute be like to Woodstock at rush hour? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 04:56 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,393,597 times
Last summer while we were waiting for our house to be completed, we rented at Brookemill on Hwy 92, and they had garages. The complex was pretty quiet and the units were big for the price. There was a pretty good mix of tenants, and the pool was usually pretty uncrowded.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:20 AM

Thanks so much Bob, I will check Brookemill out.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:03 AM

46 posts, read 134,065 times
We currently rent a home in Woodstock, and we found it via Craig's List. I don't know what your budget is, but I'd check there for rentals in the area. We're not familiar with the apartments in the area, so I can't help you there.

Canton is a nice place as well; the commute into Woodstock isn't very bad at all from what I hear (the commute route here is into the Perimeter, which is horrid...LOL!)

Best wishes on your move.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:57 AM

Thanks Simpler Timez, forgot about Craigslist, found a lot of homes for rent in Woodstock with a garage. Forgot to mention my price range, looking at $1000/mo or less, preferably around $900/mo for rental home or $800/mo for an apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta