Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:06 PM

59 posts, read 348,170 times

Advertisements

I've mentioned in other threads that we're moving from NJ. My company division HQ is in Alpharetta (Windward Parkway). I don't have to be in the office everyday, but would like to be close enough so it's not too long of a commute.

We've been looking in the Forsyth county area, and first narrowed it down to Cumming, then the Settles Bridge Elementary school district, and then specifically the Chattahoochee River Club (CRC) subdivision. CRC is an equestrian community. This subdivision was built by Hedgewood homes. So can anyone give me details on Hedgewood or CRC? We're interested in the following:

Hedgewood: Reputable builder?
CRC: Social events, HOA details, covenants, etc.
CRC: Distance to grocery shopping, time to get to Lake Lanier in the summer
Settles Bridge Elementary: details on the school - active PTA? Teachers?

If anyone lives in CRC or the Settles Bridge district I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 01:13 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,781 times
Hedgewood is a super builder! They are known for quality and did the Vickery project in Woodstock. I like their exteriors and floorplans.

Here is an evaluation of Hedgewood from the Energy & Environmental Building Association:

http://www.eeba.org/resources/success/hedgewood.htm (broken link)

Old 02-23-2007, 01:22 PM

154 posts, read 605,672 times
I like Hedgewood. They're a bit of a depature from the pedestrian, mind-numbingly dull architecture of most suburban builders.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the replies so far. It sounds like Hedgewood is a good builder!

Any info on Chattahoochee River club or Settles Bridge Elementary?

Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM

Hello - we decided on a house in the Chattahoochee River club and will be moving in on 5/29!

So I was hoping to hear from anyone who lives in CRC or is going to the Settles Bridge school district.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,373,754 times
Hedgewood also built the Better Homes & Gardens Idea Home a few years back, which was featured on The Discovery Channel in a 6-part series. The house looked grossly out of place in Vickery (which is a beautiful subdivision if you can afford it), but it was a nice home.

Bob

Old 04-30-2007, 07:40 AM

204 posts, read 578,743 times
Default Hedgewood Homes Info??

Anyone live in a Hedgewood home? Are you happy with the quality of construction/neighborhood? We are looking at Centennial in Roswell. Anyone live there? Are there kids? Any advice would be great. We love that their homes have character, and aren't cookie cutter.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:13 AM

Can anyone tell me about Hedgewood's community, Centennial? What about Hillside elementary? We are very interested in this community.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:42 AM

111 posts, read 596,010 times
I lived in Chattahoochee River Club back in 2003 in a Hedgewood Home, not too far from the clubhouse, off of Summerwood drive... My wife and I lived there with family, who have a nice big house. We relocated from California, and was going to buy a house in that subdivision, but we ended up going back to California (which wasn't the best decision)...

At CRC the area and the people were great. The clubhouse activities are terrific. There's something for adults, kids... I remember that they had wonderful activities going on around memorial day. There were sports games, food, games for kids, etc... Also, for the 4th of July, they really go all out too!

CRC is a really superb place to live. As a matter of fact we were there about two weeks ago, and my wife and I would just take a stroll throughout the neighborhood, and people would drive by and wave "hi." I think you and your family will be very satisfied living there.

Congrats!

And on the school district, don't worry, it's great! My two sons were doing wonderful, and the teachers really cared. I'm sure it is still the same.

Last edited by FROMCATOGA; 04-30-2007 at 09:12 AM..

Old 04-30-2007, 09:09 AM

Moderator cut: personal
Again, anyone who can give me some insight on the Centennial community and Hillside Elem. would be great. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta