Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 04:34 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,847,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Easy. I'm convinced he's a reincarnated former member that was banned, now back with a new username. He's a Troll, they just like to disrupt as much as possible until they're eventually caught - and they always are.
Interesting. I guess that explains why whenever I ask them to drill down to specifics, they never reply to the question at hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 04:40 PM

226 posts, read 132,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
Interesting. I guess that explains why whenever I ask them to drill down to specifics, they never reply to the question at hand
stop derailing the discussion weirdo.

Anyway Oakland City is the hood but it will blow up soon within the next 25 years.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:51 PM

450 posts, read 271,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtyfygiu View Post
[/b]

I don't see that. The whole University center looks depressed. Looks nothing like Duke University or John Hopkins.

Yup, don't let the fanboys gaslight you on this. The AUC is blighted, has zero amenities, and is generally a bad place to be. I get that everyone wants it to be true that it's some hip, happening area, but the reality is that it's an unwalkable area with Burger Kings and crackheads and generally has nothing to offer someone who has other living options. And I literally visit the AUC area for work with a decent frequency; I'm not some Cobb Countyite repeating stereotypes who hasn't been south of Truist Park since 1991.
And no, I'm not being negative just because I'm sort of some inherently mean person. It is just mind-boggling to me that people will actually claim that a place like the AUC is nice...here: I think West Midtown is really nice and is gaining ground on Midtown. I think Home Park has a ton of potential and will get really hot and stop being a dump for GT students to live in. But the AUC, Oakland City, Mechanicsville, Grove Park, Bankhead...no. The odd townhome getting some inflated price is a sign of a real estate bubble hitting its limit, not that they're all of a sudden amazing places.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:47 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,847,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smocaine View Post
Yup, don't let the fanboys gaslight you on this. The AUC is blighted, has zero amenities, and is generally a bad place to be. I get that everyone wants it to be true that it's some hip, happening area, but the reality is that it's an unwalkable area with Burger Kings and crackheads and generally has nothing to offer someone who has other living options. And I literally visit the AUC area for work with a decent frequency; I'm not some Cobb Countyite repeating stereotypes who hasn't been south of Truist Park since 1991.
And no, I'm not being negative just because I'm sort of some inherently mean person. It is just mind-boggling to me that people will actually claim that a place like the AUC is nice...here: I think West Midtown is really nice and is gaining ground on Midtown. I think Home Park has a ton of potential and will get really hot and stop being a dump for GT students to live in. But the AUC, Oakland City, Mechanicsville, Grove Park, Bankhead...no. The odd townhome getting some inflated price is a sign of a real estate bubble hitting its limit, not that they're all of a sudden amazing places.
All I have said in this entire thread is that SW Atlanta is not the hellhole that you make it out to be. I specifically said that I was NOT referring to English Ave/Vine City, Bankhead, etc. Besides you, who mentioned Mechanicsville & Grove Park?

This man said the AUC is depressing (comparing it to Duke and John Hopkins of all places) then later says he’s talking about the area “around” the campus. That wasn’t even the point of the discussion.

People are talking about architecture in the West End, and you all come back talking about Bankhead & the Bluff.

In your opinion, is there such a thing as a decent working-class area in the City of Atlanta? If so, where is it?

Old 02-15-2022, 06:09 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtyfygiu View Post
stop derailing the discussion weirdo.

Anyway Oakland City is the hood but it will blow up soon within the next 25 years.
Quit being such a damn jerk, equinox63 is one the most respected posters here. Go back to Chicago, before someone drops a house on you.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:17 PM

450 posts, read 271,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
All I have said in this entire thread is that SW Atlanta is not the hellhole that you make it out to be. I specifically said that I was NOT referring to English Ave/Vine City, Bankhead, etc. Besides you, who mentioned Mechanicsville & Grove Park?

This man said the AUC is depressing (comparing it to Duke and John Hopkins of all places) then later says he’s talking about the area “around” the campus. That wasn’t even the point of the discussion.

People are talking about architecture in the West End, and you all come back talking about Bankhead & the Bluff.

In your opinion, is there such a thing as a decent working-class area in the City of Atlanta? If so, where is it?

I would confidently posit that the City of Atlanta does not have a nice, working-class, single-family home neighborhood. You can live well on a working-class wage, if you're childless and single or dual-income, but that's the extent of it.

The only reason you should live in the CoA is if you're pursuing a degree of luxury and status relative to the OTP areas. Any SFH in the COA is, at a minimum, overpriced, and likely bad as well.

Old 02-15-2022, 08:30 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,870,659 times
@Smocaine, different strokes for different folks. I personally can't stand what the north part of midtown has become. It's like a techno-dystopia. Check out Peeples street in West End. Or Lena Street. It's gorgeous. Big victorian mansions with wrought iron gates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta