Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 06:07 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,382,319 times

Advertisements

KFC is joining the plant-based meat craze, saying it will test a vegan fried chicken in metro Atlanta.

The fried chicken chain said it will become the first national U.S. quick-service restaurant to introduce a plant-based chicken – Beyond Fried Chicken – in partnership with Beyond Meat, with a test August 27 at its restaurant on Cobb Parkway, near SunTrust Park in Atlanta..."

FULL STORY: https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/..._news_headline

SOURCE: Atlanta Business Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 06:23 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,008,050 times
I grew up vegan (now a sometimes meat eater) and the thing that always bothered me was taking perfectly good veggies and reshaping them into meat-like objects.

Tofu and mushrooms (I'm aware this Frankenstein's monster of a product is neither) are perfectly delicious on their own.

Last edited by waronxmas; 08-27-2019 at 07:11 AM..

Old 08-27-2019, 06:53 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,370,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I grew up vegan (now a sometimes meat eater) and the thing that always bothered me was taking perfectly good veggies and reshaping them into meat-like objects.

Tofu and mushrooms (I'm aware this Frankenstein monsters of a product is neither) are perfectly delicious on their own.

Yeah, I kind of find it hypocritical.

To add to the OP, I guess it's worth a try but some of the vegan people I have been around are too stuck up to even consider something vegan from fast food, especially with "fried" being in it.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:59 AM

128 posts, read 105,600 times
If vegans want something that mimics meat but without the cruelty of slaughtering animals, so what? I have not been a vegetarian for 27 years because I dislike the taste of meat. I stopped eating animals because I find it ethically abhorrent. What's really hypocritical is claiming to be an animal lover and then call some animals "pets" and others "dinner".

Kudos for KFC for giving this a try. I'm happy that it's occurring in the metro Atlanta area. I may have to cruise over to Cobb to give it a try.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:02 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,715,625 times
I think I'm going to pass on this frankenfood.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:04 AM

2,539 posts, read 3,104,199 times
The irony here is that KFC thinks it’s offering a “healthier” alternative, but it’s still breaded! Gross. Why not roll it in dryer lint? The nutritional value would be the same.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:48 AM

815 posts, read 709,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post

Tofu and mushrooms (I'm aware this Frankenstein's monster of a product is neither) are perfectly delicious on their own.
Yeah the meals that are trying to mimic meat are hands down the nastiest stuff I've ever eaten. I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but i do enjoy veggie meals that aren't trying to be something else.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:56 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,445,497 times
No thank you. I just found out the reason they can’t advertise Chicken in their name anymore is because they are not serving chicken, but some genetically modified meat.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:09 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,715,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I just found out the reason they can’t advertise Chicken in their name anymore is because they are not serving chicken, but some genetically modified meat.
That is a conspiracy theory and has been proven to be false.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kfc-mutant-chickens/

Old 08-27-2019, 08:35 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
The irony here is that KFC thinks it’s offering a “healthier” alternative, but it’s still breaded! Gross. Why not roll it in dryer lint? The nutritional value would be the same.
They are seeing if it serves a market. That's fine. Those people can have alternatives when going out with people instead of having to go to a handful of restaurants. I can't imagine ever trying the thing, but I'm not the target market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: