Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 02:21 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,381,401 times

Advertisements

ATLANTA - There's a new warning near the Atlanta airport. Thieves are breaking into vehicles in an off-site parking lot.

College Park police said that the criminals cut the line to the lights in the lot so there's no good surveillance video of their faces. But the family Channel 2's Alyssa Hyman spoke to still wants to know how they managed to get to about 14 cars without getting noticed..."

FULL STORY: https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...king/985775308

SOURCE: WSBTV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 03:27 AM

11,815 posts, read 8,023,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris1 View Post
ATLANTA - There's a new warning near the Atlanta airport. Thieves are breaking into vehicles in an off-site parking lot.

College Park police said that the criminals cut the line to the lights in the lot so there's no good surveillance video of their faces. But the family Channel 2's Alyssa Hyman spoke to still wants to know how they managed to get to about 14 cars without getting noticed..."

FULL STORY: https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...king/985775308

SOURCE: WSBTV
Sucks but it's true that in general parking lots do not hold responsibility to the safety of your car. On the few occasions that I fly, my car stays in the Garage and I either Uber or Train to the airport.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:22 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,256,608 times
Unless you're parking for an extended period (at which point Uber is a better bet for most) you're only looking at $14 a day in the economy lot, $19 for the daily lot. How much savings is worth the risk?

Compare that with $39 a day for terminal parking (not necessarily covered and could be a fair walk from the terminal) at NY's LaGuardia.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:49 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,938,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Sucks but it's true that in general parking lots do not hold responsibility to the safety of your car. On the few occasions that I fly, my car stays in the Garage and I either Uber or Train to the airport.
They don't, but, that also makes me less likely to use them if they have prior security issues.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:14 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,406,418 times
No idea why you wouldn't just take uber/lyft to the airport at this point.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:04 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
I usually park at one of the hotels near the airport, but it could happen there too, just gotta pray im not parked when crooks decide to strike whatever lot they choose at the time. Economy parking for $14 a day seems too much to me, but with the time it takes to walk to the terminal, offsite parking might take the same amount of time, for half the cost.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:14 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,704,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
No idea why you wouldn't just take uber/lyft to the airport at this point.
Kids with carseats is the primary reason why we don't take Uber/Lyft. yes, you can request a car seat with Uber, but based on my kids ages I need 2 different types of carseats. Either I depend on the uber driver to have both (and enough room for our luggage), or I can bring the carseats, take 10 minutes to strap them in, take another 5 minutes to take them out at the airport, and check them to my destination.

Because of this, my family of 4 still does the airport park and ride, which is only $10/day. It's also rather efficient as the bus picks you up at your car immediately, and even helps load all the bags (which matters when you have carseats and little kids).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: