Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 07:31 AM

32,033 posts, read 36,845,848 times

Advertisements

I'm in favor of decriminalizing pot but it's kind of sad that people need to get stoned to make it through the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 07:33 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,076,746 times
I'm not opposed to legalizing marijuana.

But have some integrity, and stop pretending it isn't harmful.

The fact that you just want to do it is good enough. You don't have to pretend it's something it isn't.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:19 AM

651 posts, read 477,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

My question is what makes marijuana more special than MDMA, LSD, and cocaine? Why should it be legal, yet they are not?
They should be legal. The overall benefits to being able to regulate the quality and purity as well as eliminating the black market drug trade and the increased tax revenue would be overall net + to society than the current war on drugs.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:22 AM

651 posts, read 477,897 times
The downside is some cops don't get to feel good about doing essentially nothing for society and they have less reason to lock up and ruin the live of millions black and brown people for non violent or property offenses. What ever will we do without any of that?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
The overall benefits to being able to regulate the quality and purity
You could probably do that with MDMA, LSD and cocaine because they generally come from labs that could be regulated.

As far as marijuana goes, who's regulating that in states where it's legal? What's a customer's recourse if the marijuana purchased at a dispensary does not actually meet the advertised specifications?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,252,465 times
Quote:
The fact that you just want to do it is good enough.
You seem to have implied earlier that you don’t believe it should be available without prescription. Forgive me if I misunderstood, but that stance seems to be contradicted by your statement above.

Here’s your original quote/stance that I’m referring to: “I don't see a reason marijuana should be OTC when you need a prescription for azithromycin.”

Old 10-08-2019, 09:05 AM

I believe azithromycin should be OTC, or at least behind the counter where a pharmacist can give it to you.

Besides, some of my statements are not necessarily my personal opinion, I'm just trying to shine a light on the ridiculous arguments the marijuana legalization lobby sometimes makes.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:05 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm in favor of decriminalizing pot but it's kind of sad that people need to get stoned to make it through the day.
Is it any different than waking up & having a coffee with sugar? You are consuming 2 highly addictive substances first thing in the morning in caffeine & sugar.

Is it any different than having a cigarette multi times a day?

Is it any different than taking anxiety or ADHD meds?

Is it any different than going to the local bar or having several drinks at home?

Old 10-08-2019, 09:07 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,618,080 times
Quote:
You could probably do that with MDMA, LSD and cocaine because they generally come from labs that could be regulated.

As far as marijuana goes, who's regulating that in states where it's legal? What's a customer's recourse if the marijuana purchased at a dispensary does not actually meet the advertised specifications?
Have to think the weed industry evolves to look like the beer industry. You will have big name brands with less quality but better pricing vs. local craft, home grown. Organic vs. non-organic.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:42 AM

32,033 posts, read 36,845,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Is it any different than waking up & having a coffee with sugar? You are consuming 2 highly addictive substances first thing in the morning in caffeine & sugar.

Is it any different than having a cigarette multi times a day?

Is it any different than taking anxiety or ADHD meds?

Is it any different than going to the local bar or having several drinks at home?
Not really, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: