Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 02:13 PM

161 posts, read 405,506 times

Advertisements

In other words, which areas will the wealthy go to in the next 5-10 years. What will be the next hot spot for excellent schools that might be average or underrated now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 03:17 PM

71 posts, read 45,596 times
Lithonia/Stonecrest/Conyers/Covington.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:38 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta28 View Post
In other words, which areas will the wealthy go to in the next 5-10 years. What will be the next hot spot for excellent schools that might be average or underrated now?
The Denmark High School zone is already that way in a major way right now as it gets the spillover from the South Forsyth HS and Lambert HS zones where homes currently seem to be very difficult to come by on the housing market.

The West Forsyth HS zone looks like it is headed in the same direction as the Denmark HS zone in being a major relocation destination for families that may not be able to find homes to purchase in the South Forsyth HS and Lambert HS zones.

The Forsyth Central HS, North Forsyth HS and the brand spanking new East Forsyth HS zones might also be areas to look at because of their access to the GA-400 corridor and the large employment hubs on the Northside (including Alpharetta/Roswell, Johns Creek, Peachtree Corners/Norcross, I-85/I-985 Northeast through Gwinnett and Jackson counties, Gainesville/Hall County, etc).

Dawsonville (South Dawson County) may also have some potential because it is the next area beyond/north of Forsyth County where there are a few affluent residents who are attracted to living on and near Lake Lanier in the North Georgia foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. There’s also a significant hub of retail/shopping in the area growing around the North Georgia Premium Outlets mall along GA-400 in South Dawson County.

The Sequoyah HS and Creekview HS zones of East Cherokee County also have some potential because of their relatively close proximity to the Alpharetta employment hub.

With the potential exception of Dawson County, the schools are mostly considered to be above-average in these areas, but may be underrated compared to the schools in areas like the South Forsyth, Lambert, Alpharetta, Chattahoochee, Milton, Northview and Johns Creek school zones.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:02 PM

497 posts, read 292,830 times
I'll give the controversial answer - Atlanta

Old 03-01-2022, 06:10 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,358,250 times
Why not northwest - Cherokee County/Canton?

Old 03-01-2022, 06:24 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Woodstock, Canton and possibly Newnan.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:30 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Woodstock, Canton and possibly Newnan.
I was going to say Woodstock and canton. I live close and see the growth and quality. I wouldn’t mind picking up a few rentals in the area.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:26 PM

161 posts, read 405,506 times
All your answers are really compelling… was thinking Dawsonville too due to it being straight up the 400 corridor and close to Lake Lanier and the mountains, among other reasons. Does anybody think Gainesville might become a stronger contender? I have a lot of thoughts on this topic that I’ll share later.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:07 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
All your answers are really compelling… was thinking Dawsonville too due to it being straight up the 400 corridor and close to Lake Lanier and the mountains, among other reasons. Does anybody think Gainesville might become a stronger contender? I have a lot of thoughts on this topic that I’ll share later.
I guess that Gainesville could be a possibility, particularly because of the level of economic development that seems to be happening there over the past decade.

But Gainesville and Hall County is already has its own sphere of influence as a major international hub of poultry processing and as a major hub of industry and commerce for the Northeast Georgia Mountains region.

Gainesville already has some notable areas of wealth and affluence concentrated on and around the shores of Lake Lanier, metro Atlanta’s primary source of water supply and recreation.

Gainesville figures to continue growing as the major industrial hub that it already is, but Gainesville, nor very few other places in Georgia likely may grow to achieve the same impressive level of economic success that a community like Alpharetta has achieved.

For a highly industrial exurban Northeast Georgia foothills/mountain city, Gainesville has really good schools in the Gainesville City and Hall County school systems.

Gainesville also has a large amount of amenities for a highly industrial exurban city with a very large population of blue-collar and working class residents.

But the quality of Gainesville’s schools (with their average to slightly above-average ratings) realistically likely still will not compare to the extreme-to-exceptionally high quality of the schools in North Fulton and Forsyth counties.

Gainesville and the I-985 corridor (with its large hub of industrial development) is much more blue-collar industrial than white-collar commercial, while Alpharetta and the GA-400 corridor (with its large hub of tech industry activity) is much more white-collar commercial than blue-collar industrial.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:52 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
West Forsyth
North Forsyth
East Forsyth
Hickory Flat
Macedonia
Free Home
Woodstock
Holly Springs
Canton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta