Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 04:11 PM

7 posts, read 20,689 times

Advertisements

Hi Again,

Can anyone give me the skinny on these condos - any information, opinions, pros & cons, etc.

I'm going to look at units this coming weekend, so I need to come up with a hit list to tour!

Here's the choices that the realtor sent me in midtown:
Above The Four Seasons
Mayfair Renaissance
Plaza Midtown
Metropolis
Park Vu

And in Buckhead:
2828 Peachtree
Realm
Eclipse
Plaza Towers
Le Chateau
Peachtree Residences
Paces 325

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also - it seems that many of what she sent me are a few years old. Aren't there newer condos built recently that are available for rent??!! I haven't had much success finding them on the internet, which is surprising.

Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 05:30 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren_ishii View Post
Hi Again,

Can anyone give me the skinny on these condos - any information, opinions, pros & cons, etc.

I'm going to look at units this coming weekend, so I need to come up with a hit list to tour!

Here's the choices that the realtor sent me in midtown:
Above The Four Seasons: This building is a combo luxury hotel and class A office space. The condo fee is probably the most expensive of all the choices you have listed. You will have concierge and valet service. You can also utilize the hotel's amenities too.

Mayfair Renaissance: This is a great space close to Piedmont Park. Get one with a view of Piedmont Park.

Plaza Midtown: Make sure that you are not looking into the rear of Aqua and that this is not one of the units that was involved in the sprinkler incident when a contractor set it off. I think it was in the West Peachtree building - not the other tower.

Metropolis: I think I would rather be at Spire as it is newer and the latter version of Novare Group. The space at Spire seems a little better thought out as it is a newer building versus Metropolis. Depending on where you are in the building - you can have a big "peep" show at night as some units look into one another.

Park Vu: Condo conversion - never been in them.

And in Buckhead:
(Sorry - I rarely sell in Buckhead and stick to Midtown.)

2828 Peachtree: These are nice in my opinion. It too would have an expensive condo fee.

Realm
Eclipse
Plaza Towers: Older building built in the 60's
Le Chateau

Peachtree Residences This was an apartment conversion too. I like them it terms of its location on Peachtree but something was missing for me. I can't put my finger on it.

Paces 325: I thought that the bedrooms were a little small in my opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also - it seems that many of what she sent me are a few years old. Aren't there newer condos built recently that are available for rent??!! I haven't had much success finding them on the internet, which is surprising.

Many new buildings do not allow rentals. Maybe that is why you are not seeing many.

Thanks again
Those are my thoughts/opinions. Hope that it is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta