Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 07:58 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,487,661 times

Advertisements

Rising star comedian and actress Tiffany Haddish was arrested early Friday morning in Peachtree City for a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) offense.

Quote:
Investigators said someone called 911 after seeing a driver asleep behind the wheel of a vehicle along Highway 74 around 2:30 a.m. Friday, Peachtree City police said in a news release to Channel 2 Action News...

... According to entertainment website TMZ, police believe Haddish had been smoking marijuana. TMZ said Haddish bonded out of jail around 6:30 a.m.
Actress Tiffany Haddish smiles in mugshot following metro Atlanta DUI arrest (WSB-TV Atlanta)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 09:07 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,778 times
yeah, smug as hell.
wonder if she'd make that face if she killed someone, or caused an accident.
Atlanta streets and highways are already dangerous, now we have to see her smiling mug?
good thing she fell asleep.
although I read somewhere else she was drunk.

Old 01-16-2022, 12:03 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,487,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
yeah, smug as hell.
wonder if she'd make that face if she killed someone, or caused an accident.
Atlanta streets and highways are already dangerous, now we have to see her smiling mug?
good thing she fell asleep.
although I read somewhere else she was drunk.
Well, I don’t know if I might would say that she was being smug.

Even though she seems to be very talented and seemingly verging on superstardom, Tiffany Haddish seems to have been having some pre-existing emotional challenges that have become more profound since the start of the pandemic.

She also just recently ended a somewhat high-profile relationship with rapper/actor Common and reportedly has not been dealing with the aftermath of that breakup too well.

This is just yet another one of those situations where I wish that someone (including a figure of Ms. Haddish’s fame and stardom) would have made arrangements to have a designated driver, a rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.) or a hired car company transport her to her destination to avoid this kind of public embarrassment or worse (doing serious harm to herself and/or someone else).

But then again, one should not be surprised that she didn’t make the best and most rational decision considering the challenged emotional state that she often has seemed to be in since the start of the pandemic.

... Which saying that she may be experiencing a challenged emotional state is nice way of saying that she may not necessarily always be playing with the fullest deck.

Old 01-16-2022, 10:31 AM

1,150 posts, read 614,495 times
Not familiar with her. Also, she doesn't get a free pass for being an idiot, due to her emotional state. Folks who are struggling right now are a dime a dozen.

Old 01-16-2022, 11:18 AM

561 posts, read 336,678 times
Smiling is not smug, it’s smiling, and who is saying she should get a pass? B2R only said she was going through some things in her life right now that could explain, not excuse her seemingly bad choice of operating a vehicle under the influence. I’m curious to know if she is filming in the area. At that time of night there is nowhere to be going on 74 but to or from 85 and nothing to be had there but a traffic stop from PTC’s finest.

Last edited by Yoski; 01-16-2022 at 12:26 PM..

Old 01-16-2022, 11:18 AM

165 posts, read 114,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Well, I don’t know if I might would say that she was being smug.

Even though she seems to be very talented and seemingly verging on superstardom, Tiffany Haddish seems to have been having some pre-existing emotional challenges that have become more profound since the start of the pandemic.

She also just recently ended a somewhat high-profile relationship with rapper/actor Common and reportedly has not been dealing with the aftermath of that breakup too well.

This is just yet another one of those situations where I wish that someone (including a figure of Ms. Haddish’s fame and stardom) would have made arrangements to have a designated driver, a rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.) or a hired car company transport her to her destination to avoid this kind of public embarrassment or worse (doing serious harm to herself and/or someone else).

But then again, one should not be surprised that she didn’t make the best and most rational decision considering the challenged emotional state that she often has seemed to be in since the start of the pandemic.

... Which saying that she may be experiencing a challenged emotional state is nice way of saying that she may not necessarily always be playing with the fullest deck.
This. As I understand she’s been having a very difficult time lately with the loss of family members due to Covid and the breakup with Common whom she was apparently more into than he was her. But this is still no excuse for getting behind the wheel when under the influence.

She was originally sleeping in her car, which is why the police were called, but by the time they arrived she was driving. Don’t know why she just didn’t continue to sleep it off in the car or better yet get drunk/high at home or in a hotel room that way she wouldn’t be endangering anyone else’s life.

I’m glad no one was hurt or killed by her behavior. Hopefully this won’t be the beginning of a pattern and she’ll start working through her struggles in a healthy manner.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
Smiling is not smug, it’s smiling, and who is saying she should get a pass? B2R only said she was going through some things in her life right now that could explain, not excuse her seemingly bad choice of operating a vehicle under the influence. I’m curious to know if she is filming in the area. At that time of night there is nowhere to be going on 74 but to or from 85 and nothing to be had there but a traffic stop from PTC’s finest.
I understand that, and I am saying she doesn't get a free pass because of whatever she's going through.

Old 01-17-2022, 11:29 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,856,755 times
I will never understand rich celebrities who don't hire a driver when they want to go out partying. You have the money; use it!

Old 01-17-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
I will never understand rich celebrities who don't hire a driver when they want to go out partying. You have the money; use it!
They think they're above the law. It's always funny when you see a video of whatever celebrity/athlete asking the police officer if they know who they are.

Old 01-17-2022, 01:10 PM

7,765 posts, read 3,791,421 times
Tiffany Haddish?

Never heard of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta