Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2023, 12:21 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,613,855 times

Advertisements

Oconee County Observations: Zaxby’s Plan For Corporate Campus In Oconee County Nixed As Firm Moves Corporate Offices To Metro Atlanta

Popular Chicken Chain Zaxby's will locate to Brookhaven within a year. According to the article, The Atlanta Business Chronicle reported on Jan. 30 that Zaxby’s has selected around 50,000 square feet of space at Perimeter Summit, an 83-acre mixed-use campus in Brookhaven in western DeKalb County.

Also, Oconee Enterprise editor and publisher Michael Prochaska is reporting that the company has been offering severance packages to corporate employees in Oconee County throughout 2022 and in the first few months of 2023.

Those who are staying with the company have been informed that the company headquarters will relocate to Perimeter Summit in Brookhaven within the first quarter of 2024, according to the Enterprise.

Zaxby's revenue was $2.2B in 2022.

https://www.franchisetimes.com/top-5...68943f5df.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2023, 01:01 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Oconee County Observations: Zaxby’s Plan For Corporate Campus In Oconee County Nixed As Firm Moves Corporate Offices To Metro Atlanta

Popular Chicken Chain Zaxby's will locate to Brookhaven within a year. According to the article, The Atlanta Business Chronicle reported on Jan. 30 that Zaxby’s has selected around 50,000 square feet of space at Perimeter Summit, an 83-acre mixed-use campus in Brookhaven in western DeKalb County.

Also, Oconee Enterprise editor and publisher Michael Prochaska is reporting that the company has been offering severance packages to corporate employees in Oconee County throughout 2022 and in the first few months of 2023.

Those who are staying with the company have been informed that the company headquarters will relocate to Perimeter Summit in Brookhaven within the first quarter of 2024, according to the Enterprise.

Zaxby's revenue was $2.2B in 2022.

https://www.franchisetimes.com/top-5...68943f5df.html
While I wish more employers would locate to Midtown or Downtown, this is certainly one of the better locations to be if not that. It’s decently close to the Medical Center Marta station. However that Marta station doesn’t seem well connected to any areas east of it. I hope that changes otherwise we are only creating more traffic issues on the perimeter

Old 04-14-2023, 07:30 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
I thought Zaxby's was already HQ-ed in Atlanta, but I knew it was Georgia at least. Currently Athens. I wouldn't be surprised if it got acquired by Inspire Brands in the future.

Old 04-14-2023, 07:38 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Zaxby's is another fast-food corporation that doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about dine-in or walk-in customers anymore.

Old 04-14-2023, 07:39 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
While I wish more employers would locate to Midtown or Downtown, this is certainly one of the better locations to be if not that. It’s decently close to the Medical Center Marta station. However that Marta station doesn’t seem well connected to any areas east of it. I hope that changes otherwise we are only creating more traffic issues on the perimeter
Perimeter Summit is close as the crow flies, but the only entrances are on the complete opposite side from the rail line and MC station.

Old 04-14-2023, 10:22 AM

537 posts, read 443,275 times
Zaxby's seems to be doing pretty well as a franchise. I've yet to see any locations shut down in the last approx. 30 years they've been in business.

But they're not the only chicken restaurant out there. Copycat franchises are popping up that are just as good.

I just feel for the employees that are going to have to deal with the traffic on the Northern Perimeter. We left Gwinnett and the Atlanta area 20 years ago because the traffic was simply debilitating. No thank you.

Old 04-14-2023, 10:55 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
Zaxby's seems to be doing pretty well as a franchise. I've yet to see any locations shut down in the last approx. 30 years they've been in business.

But they're not the only chicken restaurant out there. Copycat franchises are popping up that are just as good.

I just feel for the employees that are going to have to deal with the traffic on the Northern Perimeter. We left Gwinnett and the Atlanta area 20 years ago because the traffic was simply debilitating. No thank you.
The traffic will be fine for the board members that made this decision, who can all afford living in Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Druid Hills, Alpharetta etc. they don’t care about the commutes of their lower ranking staff coming in from other parts of Atlanta. If they did they’d pick a more centralized location accessible to the middle and lower class neighborhoods.

Old 04-14-2023, 01:09 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
The traffic will be fine for the board members that made this decision, who can all afford living in Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Druid Hills, Alpharetta etc. they don’t care about the commutes of their lower ranking staff coming in from other parts of Atlanta. If they did they’d pick a more centralized location accessible to the middle and lower class neighborhoods.
In relation to the entirety of the Atlanta metropolitan area/region as a whole (an Atlanta metro area/region which of course is an exceedingly Northside-heavy metro region), the Perimeter Center area very much appears to be a centralized location in which to locate a corporate headquarters facility.

That’s particularly with the announced future Zaxby’s corporate headquarters location appearing to be within relatively very close proximity to the MARTA Red Line in addition to being located near the junction of two of the most important superhighways in both the greater Atlanta metropolitan region and the state of Georgia (I-285 and GA-400).

With Atlanta being such a Northside-heavy metro area and region, the Perimeter Center probably is fairly very close to being near the geographical mean center of population and development for the entire greater Atlanta metropolitan area and region.

For a company that was founded in a rural college town in Southeast Georgia (Statesboro) and whose corporate headquarters has been located in an outer-suburban/exurban environment outside of a legendary Southern college town (Athens) in exurban Northeast Georgia for the last several years, Zaxby’s relocation of its corporate headquarters to an extremely heavily developed (and often congested) area in the Perimeter Center area is a massive change in the company’s corporate culture.

It’s a dramatic move that very likely is being motivated by the company’s need to be able to attract and have access to an increased amount of talent in its corporate ranks.

I’m just kind of wondering about what is going to happen with the corporate employees who are staying on with the company through the relocation of its corporate headquarters from outer-exurban Oconee County to a much more urbanized and metropolitan environment in the Perimeter Center area.

I wonder how many of the corporate employees who are going to be staying on with the company through the move of its corporate headquarters will be commuting from homes in the Athens area to the company’s new corporate headquarters location in the Perimeter Center area?

I wonder how many Zaxby’s corporate employees bought homes in Oconee and Clarke counties because those homes were located close to the company’s current corporate headquarters in Oconee County, only to now be faced with seeing their current short commutes (that very likely are no more than 25-30 minutes in length each way) turn into commutes that will push 2 hours or more each way on many days?

Old 04-14-2023, 04:25 PM

689 posts, read 637,966 times
Businesses often look at the impact of staff on corporate office relocations. Another section of the article says: "Oconee Enterprise editor and publisher Michael Prochaska is reporting that the company has been offering severance packages to corporate employees in Oconee County throughout 2022 and in the first few months of 2023." Based on this, they have already taken the impact on personnel into consideration.

Old 04-17-2023, 03:39 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Zaxby's is another fast-food corporation that doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about dine-in or walk-in customers anymore.
Customer service is on the skids everywhere...except Chick-Fil-A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta