Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,476 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in New York but I am considering moving to Atlanta to start a fried chicken restaurant. My restaurant is in Manhattan but due to my lease ending very soon I am not able to afford the new increased rent and the profit I am making does not calculate too well with the living cost here. I am looking to set up a fried chicken restaurant in the Atlanta area but since I do no know the area I am not too sure what town/city would attract the most customers. (not trying to be racist nor steriotyping but 97% of my current customers are African American)
If anyone has any input please let me know...
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,261,490 times
Hmmm...you looking to open a franchise store or your own store?

Franchise-wise, it my opinion that you can't beat Popeyes. I love me some Popeyes!

But, if you're going to do you own "mom-and-pop" store then make it special and you'll do okay. By special I mean...think Whole Foods...

Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 PM

324 posts, read 877,531 times
No areas need a fried chicken restaurant. That type of food is extremely unhealthy and does nothing but harm communities. How about opening a healthier grilled chicken and veggies restaurant !!

(just kidding, sort of)

Old 06-18-2008, 10:08 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,424 times
While Fried Chicken might be a racist thing up North, it ain't down here. You can fry anything and we'll eat it, both Whites and Blacks! That along with BBQ!

Hell, we fry our Turkey for Thanksgiving! You'll fit in fine, if your looking for your own name store, look for heavy foot traffic as it's hard to come by.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:10 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
While Fried Chicken might be a racist thing up North, it ain't down here. You can fry anything and we'll eat it, both Whites and Blacks! That along with BBQ!

Hell, we fry our Turkey for Thanksgiving! You'll fit in fine, if your looking for your own name store, look for heavy foot traffic as it's hard to come by.
Yes! You are so right gt!

Old 06-18-2008, 10:12 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideofmarch View Post
I am currently living in New York but I am considering moving to Atlanta to start a fried chicken restaurant. My restaurant is in Manhattan but due to my lease ending very soon I am not able to afford the new increased rent and the profit I am making does not calculate too well with the living cost here. I am looking to set up a fried chicken restaurant in the Atlanta area but since I do no know the area I am not too sure what town/city would attract the most customers. (not trying to be racist nor steriotyping but 97% of my current customers are African American)
If anyone has any input please let me know...
Thanks

EAST COBB needs a great fried chicken restaurant...so says my father.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:20 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,321,054 times
gt is spot on. Southern blacks and whites eat the same type of food. Fried chicken, BBQ, collards, corn bread...it's all universal down here.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:40 AM

23 posts, read 134,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
gt is spot on. Southern blacks and whites eat the same type of food. Fried chicken, BBQ, collards, corn bread...it's all universal down here.
can i get an amen?
AMEN.

oh and the answer is: all towns need a good fried chicken restaurant.
cant have too many!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:04 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Within a matter of seconds upon arriving in Atlanta you'll come to realize that most of us Atlantans would be wise to switch to BAKED chicken.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:03 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,261,490 times
Hey, you could offer BOTH!

Have your Whole Foods style baked or broiled chicken and then have your soul food fried Chicken.

But that chicken better have some flavor! And that means it needs a kick....like Popeyes!

It would help if you developed a signature side. Popeye's already has the best biscuits around...you could develop the best greens or the best potatoes (like rosemary home fries cooked nice and crispy...mmmmmm)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta