Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best local news station overall
WSB 2 (ABC) 11 45.83%
WAGA 5 (FOX) 6 25.00%
WXIA 11 (NBC) 7 29.17%
WGCL 46 (CBS) 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,248,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
LOL, I don't know where you were in Fl, but I was in Broward County, and I think it was Bryan Norcross who gave it the term "hunker down?"

I also can't stand David Chandley and Glen Burns on channel 2. They actually make my skin crawl.
Ken Cook on Channel 5 annoys me for some reason too. I think it's the mustache. I think of mint juleps and horse races when I see him on TV.

And I like Amanda Davis, but I want someone to get her a new wig! All these hairdressers around here and no one's called her yet? LOL

The Chemistry between Mark Hayes and Suchita Vadlamani from Good Day Atlanta is terrible. All these awkward pauses and stuff.

I like Ted Hall and Brenda Wood on 11 Alive.

JaQuitta Williams on channel 2 is forever stumbling on her words...

But overall? The local news is NOT that great here. But local news sucks everywhere for the most part though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 12:02 PM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
Ugh - I believe this is a recurring topic. For such a huge "cosmopolitan" city - the local media is truly atrocious.

I frequent ajc.com throughout the day - was anyone lucky enough to catch this - the HEADLINE was "The Diva, Defined" with various photos of "divas" - the smaller headlines? "Manhunt continues in Gwinnett".

W.T.F
ROTFL...Exactly

Old 06-20-2008, 02:57 AM

214 posts, read 595,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post

The Chemistry between Mark Hayes and Suchita Vadlamani from Good Day Atlanta is terrible. All these awkward pauses and stuff.

But overall? The local news is NOT that great here. But local news sucks everywhere for the most part though.
So true!

I always thought the way Mark and Suchita (yep, we're on a first-name basis ) interacted in the "early" a.m. was weird, but then magically turned great when the program became Good Morning Today Everybody or whatever they call it. It's like they can't even fake wanting to do an hour or two of "serious" news; they just bide their time until the fun can start.

Storms here freak me out so I'm a fan of whoever goes overboard when there are more than 3 clouds in the sky. Plus local news tries to make you terrified to eat anything, then shows a million commercials about food. Drives me insane.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:56 AM

269 posts, read 1,070,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Ken Cook on Channel 5 annoys me for some reason too. I think it's the mustache. I think of mint juleps and horse races when I see him on TV.

And I like Amanda Davis, but I want someone to get her a new wig! All these hairdressers around here and no one's called her yet? LOL

I like Ted Hall and Brenda Wood on 11 Alive.

JaQuitta Williams on channel 2 is forever stumbling on her words...

OMG, you actually know their names and stuff.

I was actually embarrassed once when a local station wanted to interview me for a story. I went to the station and the interviewer introduced herself. I realized suddenly that she was wearing on-camera makeup and I was supposed to recognize her. But she was cool about it.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM

247 posts, read 1,289,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I generally watch Channel 2, probably because that's the station I'm most familiar with. We used to get it when I lived in Gadsden, AL. I haven't seen this Dagmar Midcap, but I think the lady who does the weather on Channel 2 is quite pretty. (Have no idea what her name is, though.)
Small world - I used to watch Channel 2 for the almost same reason, that I watched it when I lived in Anniston, AL. I don't watch Channel 2 anymore because they can't get seem to get the facts straight. There were two stories that greatly effected my small community and it would have been better if Channel 2 had not even attempted the stories. Fox 5 at least got the names and facts and displayed the correct photos with the story, unlike Channel 2. So I have zero confidence in anything they broadcast as news.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:53 PM

122 posts, read 346,894 times
I remember when Channel 2 broke the news that Paul Coverdale had passed away...............before he died. They came back on and blamed it on the "competitiveness" of the industry. Everyone was pointing fingers.

And whats up with the weather lady that was on Fox and went to Channel 11? Orland or something.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:26 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS99 View Post

And whats up with the weather lady that was on Fox and went to Channel 11? Orland or something.
Orlean <sp> Sidney. I think she was just freelancing on FOX5 because she only used to work weekends. Once the new lady came to the channel, they pretty much ended her contract because she rarely worked after that. Then, she reappeared on WXIA recently...

Old 06-21-2008, 07:16 AM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Orlean <sp> Sidney. I think she was just freelancing on FOX5 because she only used to work weekends. Once the new lady came to the channel, they pretty much ended her contract because she rarely worked after that. Then, she reappeared on WXIA recently...
Orelon Sidney?

She worked on The Weather Channel too, I think.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:19 AM

247 posts, read 1,289,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Orelon Sidney?

She worked on The Weather Channel too, I think.
That chick gets around!!

Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,394 times
Dont forget, she worked for CNN too....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta