Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:23 AM

15 posts, read 68,169 times

Advertisements

Any information/insight on the following subdivisions would be appreciated:

Hampton Station (Beazer Homes)
Orange Shoals
Royal Oaks

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 08:03 AM

86 posts, read 437,972 times
Honestly Hampton Station is very overpriced for what you get and is right off of the VERY BUSY Hwy 20!! Orange Shoals is an okay subdivision, but seem to be a little overpriced for what you get as well. Royal Oaks is a nice subdivision! Down a fairly quiet street even though people cut down Bart Man. all the time to get to Hwy 140. I would say that out of the 3 you have listed Royal Oaks is your better choice between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginnova View Post
Any information/insight on the following subdivisions would be appreciated:

Hampton Station (Beazer Homes)
Orange Shoals
Royal Oaks

Thanks.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:45 AM

7 posts, read 32,889 times
Default Alternative Neighborhoods

You may want to try Governor's Preserve, beautiful, not on a main road, but easy access to 575, and the best high school in the state, Creekview High School.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:07 AM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
Creekview High School is very new school. Just opened this past year. I doubt that it is best high school in the state. In fact, most cherokee county schools are ok but not the best in atlanta area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creekvi..._%28Georgia%29

Old 04-29-2007, 02:48 PM

7 posts, read 32,889 times
Default Creekview

You are absolutely right, Creekview is new, but Georgia schools in general do not rank highly in the country (not one in the top 100) and Cherokee County seems to be using Creekview because it is new as a model on how to do things well. Look for Creekview to place highly in US News and World Report's Top 100 High Schools as soon as they have a senior class and their test scores to feature. Up and coming, and I suspect Georgia's first to break into the top 100 probably in 2009.

Having relocated from Fairfax County, Va, and having lived in one of the top ranked school systems in the country, I can tell you Cherokee County schools are the closest thing we could find to excellence in Georgia.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:10 PM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
Well, I am happy that you found a high school that you are happy with. But let us make claims "the best high school in the state, Creekview High School" when that actually happens, not before.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 AM

13 posts, read 38,901 times
I am a resident of Hampton Station and really enjoy the community. I paid close to 275k for my home last year and they now have a 179k price point which I would say is a very good price for the homes. Only reason I know is because my mom and dad were thinking about relocating to the area and wanted to gt one of their new ranch floorplans. The reason we bought from Beazer homes is because of the fact they are a large national builder. The majority of competition were smaller regional builders that finacialy looked shaky. We did not want to have to worry about our warranty being voided because our builder went bankrupt.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 AM

13 posts, read 38,901 times
I am suprised you have not looked at Harmony on the Lakes. Next to Hampton Station they were our favorite but still a little high priced. The best way to compare new homes is cost per square foot. My brother is a builder and told me that that was the best real side by side comparison. My mom said Hampton Station was at about 67/sqft & Curtis Farms was 65/sqft & Harmony on the Lakes was around 85/sqft. Hope that helps.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:47 PM

1,145 posts, read 4,212,916 times
In a related note, how does this thread have over 2,500 views and only 7 responses??

Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgbginter View Post
I am suprised you have not looked at Harmony on the Lakes. Next to Hampton Station they were our favorite but still a little high priced. The best way to compare new homes is cost per square foot. My brother is a builder and told me that that was the best real side by side comparison. My mom said Hampton Station was at about 67/sqft & Curtis Farms was 65/sqft & Harmony on the Lakes was around 85/sqft. Hope that helps.
Curtis Farms is low-end garbage with nothing but oversized rooms, bare-bones quality and no community amenities- that accounts for the low $/sf. Hampton Station is suffering because Beazer almost went into bankruptcy, which damaged their reputation- hence the 35% drop in prices. By comparison, Pulte is still doing very well, and selling alot of homes in Harmony on the Lakes. They had a price reduction last year (which was accompanied by a reduction in finishes), but they still didn't take anywhere near the hit that Hampton Station's prices did. It follows the old saying- "you get what you pay for".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: