Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:14 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,413 times

Advertisements

The BK might hurt as far as some of the "luxury" apartments in the area, but then again, it may not. However, you should mention it before submitting the application.

You should be able to start utilities online. Just go to the various websites, and you'll be in good shape.

One thing I'd do is find a low-limit, secured credit card to rebuild your credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 08:19 AM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
I think that you need to get utilities account before you even move to that apartment. That's part of premove conditional in many apartments. At least, that was case in my last apartment.

To get utilities, ask apartment complex for the companies telelphone numbers and just call them. It is not that difficult. Depend on your credit, you may have to pay $100 deposit as well.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:19 AM

56 posts, read 318,976 times
thanks. do you know of any other luxury homes or apartment communities that are nice and reasonable in lawrenceville or duluth? Or where I can find private owned properties?

Old 01-19-2007, 08:23 AM

thanks jxu66. do u have info for other homes in the area with nice prices and that? I looked on rent.com apartmentguide.com and so on. I also checked out the pics on each site as well, like they say you can not always belive what you see.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:27 AM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
homerentalads dot com has some townhouses for rent. There is two bedroom 2 and half bathroom for $975 townhouse. There is 2 bedrooms condo around peachtree industrial for $850.

In Duluth, I recommend Paces Commons and Estate at Cross road apartments.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:46 AM

jkxu66, does the pics at this locations represent what they really have and not what they wish to have. That's my only problem. When I was there for a short visit. I was only able to visit Bridgewater, 3400 club drive and water vista. Sad to say Bridgewater homes was the only property that stood by the internet ads.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:59 PM

59 posts, read 222,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_lowe1120 View Post
I currently live in NJ and in a few weeks bf and I r relocation to Lawrenceville GA. Can I make it there on my salary or should I consider an increase? No kids.
Hi Barbie,

I have been reading all of your post and my heart really goes out to you. I send my condolescences to you and your sister. I know this must be a hard time for her trying to prepare herself for her new unborn child that is expected anytime now. My prayers are with you both.

The one thing that I wanted to share with you is that, please be careful in providing to much information about your personal life, salary and some other information that you shared on your post, that I believe should only be shared with people that are closer to you and care about you as a person. I understand that you are trying to make an inform decision about where you would possibly like to live etc. I believe that this can all still be done with using some descretion. If you know what I mean. On one of your post you were scruntinzed by a few individuals and I understood what you were trying to get across to your readers, however it left a bad taste in their mouths. This was probably not the forum for that post. It's ok to ask questions, just use descretion.

If you would like to PM me, please feel free to do so. I wish you the best and good luck to you. Keep an eye on your baby sis, she is going to need you!

Sincerely,
Cami

Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 AM

Thanks Cami a lot and yes I do know what u mean. Look out for my pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta