Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 PM

4 posts, read 12,633 times

Advertisements

I presently live in south florida and work as a legal secretary for the state. We are considering moving to Georgia for better jobs and lower cost of living. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM

236 posts, read 698,780 times
Kudos for willingness to move sans job. I'd be scared to death to make a move without having some form of employment lined up on the other end. I would think any hardworking, ethical person could find decent work in the state of Georgia and in Atlanta specifically. The cost of living isn't as high as South Florida....neither are the average temps. Give us a little more detail about where you want to be and what you'd like to do.

Good Luck with the move,

Michael

Old 07-16-2008, 03:01 PM

6 posts, read 14,720 times
Default If you find something, please let me know

We are looking for something similar., If you find it, please let us know.

Married couple with a one year old is moving from South Florida to Atlanta.

I will be working at downtown near to Peachtree Center.

We want to live close to work (at least within 5-10 miles) and be able to use MARTA.

We are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment (less than $1000 / month) in a neighborhood that is safe, quiet and good for walking. We are in our late 40’s and we enjoy libraries, museums, bookstores, ethnic food.

Our terms for searching are flexible.

Any suggestions, Thanks

Old 07-16-2008, 04:34 PM

193 posts, read 693,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcorrin View Post
We are looking for something similar., If you find it, please let us know.

Married couple with a one year old is moving from South Florida to Atlanta.

I will be working at downtown near to Peachtree Center.

We want to live close to work (at least within 5-10 miles) and be able to use MARTA.

We are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment (less than $1000 / month) in a neighborhood that is safe, quiet and good for walking. We are in our late 40’s and we enjoy libraries, museums, bookstores, ethnic food.

Our terms for searching are flexible.

Any suggestions, Thanks
Decatur

Old 07-16-2008, 08:14 PM

236 posts, read 698,780 times
Decatur is nice. Stay away from Clayton County. Someone more familiar will chime in about the ITP neighborhoods that fit your bill.

Michael

Old 07-16-2008, 10:24 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapowermike View Post
Decatur is nice. Stay away from Clayton County. Someone more familiar will chime in about the ITP neighborhoods that fit your bill.
Michael

They haven't moved here yet. "ITP" means nothing to them.

To the posters - ITP is slang/short for "Inside the Perimeter", with the Perimeter being I-285, the beltway that surrounds Atlanta. OTP means "outside the Perimeter" for future reference as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: