Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM

752 posts, read 2,087,136 times

Advertisements

I am writing a book for single women and I'd like your input. I want it to be a Southern version of "Sex and the City". I've already got the characters laid out and everything. I just want to get some input from single women who live and work in Atlanta between the ages of 24 and 36 who are familiar with the social scene. I hear the man to woman ratio is really bad. Is that true? Does it change the dynamics of what goes on? What do you think? What about the "gay scene"? Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 07:24 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,895,026 times
Oh, this is bound to be good. (watching)

Old 07-23-2008, 02:22 PM

Geez, why does everyone get offended by this topic? I'm sure there are plenty of single women from Atlanta who can talk about "the scene".

Old 07-23-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Geez, why does everyone get offended by this topic? I'm sure there are plenty of single women from Atlanta who can talk about "the scene".
Oh, I don't think anyone is offended - I'm just saying I can't wait to see some of the answers.

Oh but one thing - you posted a question about single women in Atlanta in the Georgia room - not the Atlanta room. So I'm going to move it over to Atlanta to see what happens.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,958 times
If you want a true 'Southern' version, Atlanta isn't going to be it. Not many true 'Southern' women live, work in Atlanta. Metro, yeah, but not what I think you're looking for.

Now I'm sure you can find plenty of women, but I'm betting most are native.

There's a sad attempt to portray what your looking for in 'Real House Wives' show. So far it looks ghetto and full of non-Southern women.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:07 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,422 times
You can easily find the "Southern" version of Sex & The City here in Atlanta. The Buckhead Bar scene on East Aiko/Tongue & Groove/East Andrews & The Midtown scene on Crescent Avenue 12th/14th at Lava Lounge/Door 44/Opera and downtown at The Glenn Rooftop on Wednesdays & Pure Nightclub is good too. All of the SEC/ACC and southern bred women are down there and hit those spots on the regular. These are mostly women under 28 so if your looking for the younger variety of sex & the city they are there.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:55 AM

22 posts, read 75,516 times
BE CAREFUL. I posted essentially the same question yesterday and got attacked for it. Apparently, talking about dating, sex, etc is taboo no matter who politely you present the topic.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabetadada View Post
BE CAREFUL. I posted essentially the same question yesterday and got attacked for it. Apparently, talking about dating, sex, etc is taboo no matter who politely you present the topic.
Alphabetadada - I've seen your post since you posted it in the Georgia room (I moved it here since it focuses on Atlanta) and no "attack" posts have been put in by any forum members regarding it - otherwise I'd be able to tell that posts had been deleted as attacks by the moderators.

Are you saying that people are sending you private messages attacking you for your post? If so, please forward copies of these attacks to me via sitemail and I can handle it.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:20 PM

So now everyone knows about the infamous Manhattan "scene". If Atlanta doesn't parallel it in any way, then what I write won't go in that direction. I tend not to be the bar and club scene type. I wonder if I could be accused of soliciting if I asked for interviewees on East Aiko? You are right that Atlanta isn't all that "Southern" I totally agree. I decided to post here because the honest truth is I am scared to drive in ATL, nearly got runned over once and thats no lie.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 AM

3 posts, read 10,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I hear the man to woman ratio is really bad.
Bad in which way? I'm hoping it's like 3 women to 1 man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: