Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 AM

304 posts, read 1,430,854 times

Advertisements

You mentioned that schools wouldn't be an issue, but if you think you might have to resell in the near future (i.e. you move around a lot), you will probably want to at least consider what schools service the home you select. It could make a difference on how quickly your home would sell again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 08:37 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,096,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight
I live in Vinings and commute to Acworth everyday. It takes me a solid thirty minutes. I live 10 minutes from Downtown Atlanta, so that's about a 40 minute drive in good traffic from Acworth to Downtown total.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderSpringsDad View Post
Thanks for confirming my commute estimate.
Keep in mind that a commute from Vinings going up to Acworth would be considered a reverse commute by most of us.

I honestly can't recall the last time I drove in "good traffic" around here on a weekday. I think it was at least five years ago.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:48 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,342,551 times
Leaving at 5:30 in the morning he shouldn't have too much problem, the issue is going to be what the time he goes back up. I drive south on 75 from Marietta into Atlanta a little before 3 and it isn't unusual for the northbound side to already be slowing down. The traffic isn't too bad at that time (it is generally moving) but its heavy and slow. If he's coming up after 4 it will be bad and between 5 and 7:30 forget about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta