Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:07 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,428,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel74 View Post
Thank you Mister NY for understanding my point of view.
You're very welcome. I hope you find what you are looking for. It should not be that hard to find. Do a google search, and see if any forum will satisfy what you are looking for, then ask from there. Good luck, and dont worry about the judges here.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:50 PM

283 posts, read 1,194,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel74 View Post
Awesome Pickles! I love it!
You are certainly welcome; however, it wasn't said because I agree with your views. It just stands to reason that no one wants to listen to anyone that thinks everyone is going to burn in hell for not believing the exact same way. While I too agree that being atheist is not the correct view it isn't any human's place to tell someone else they are going to burn for it. Scare tactics are not the proper means by which to get others to believe the way you do especially when the folks you are trying to scare do not believe in such things or could careless if they do because it doesn't affect how they live now. However by means of actually listening to what someone else has to say beyond what you like to hear is not only highly educational it with enough education given by the proper educational tools may give someone enough reason to change their belief system. I won't stand atop a mountain and preach to ya but I'm not going to bow down to anyone else's beliefs either. I will listen respectfully and with an open mind and I fully expect the same respectful open mind when I speak.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,060,974 times
I would think that there is a chat room or something available to you all in your search to find what and who you are looking for. You are bound to find a support group out there that can help you out further. This forum, more than likely isn't going to point you in the right direction, but good luck because we all deserve to find people we click with.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,254,938 times
Black Atheist from Atlanta area: Thinking Above The Standard - The Infidel Guy Show

Old 09-07-2008, 09:59 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,985 times
Default Finding others of a like mind

I have never met any other atheists where I live. I satisfy my need to socialize with other atheists on the Religion and Philosophy Forum here, and the sub forum for atheists and agnostics. There are several black atheists that participate there.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:23 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,685,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleswanson View Post
Wow!!! I would hate for you to hold anything back. Great way to make folks respect your opinion, just kick 'em while their down. A little subtlety is even appreciated by me and I love to slam everyone. Notice the word subtlety is not acceptance. Too much acceptance is dangerous for anyone but willingness to laugh it off social disparities isn't that easy for most. While anyone who believes in or does not believe in ummm.... anything or nothing (would that be general enough for all religions?) would like to think all the others are wrong and only their belief could be correct. The complete lack of concern for others shines brightly through your statement. How many more people would you like to push down your fiery road to hell? Even if they were ever thinking about considering what you view as correct with statements like that they certainly don't care to know anything about what you believe in now. Way to drive the bus there buddy!
knew it wouldn't take long for someone to take the bait...

1. Didn't know I had to hold anything back, the OP put in parenthesis (yeah I said it) so there you go, I said it as well.

2. My opinion on here, as others think, is decent, not great, but decent. I don't need people on a message board to have a high opinion of me and where in the Hell did I 'kick someone when they were down'???

3. My post says nothing about the 'lack of concern' for the OP, I simply stated my beliefs.

4. I don't really care but I knew someone would make a 'political' point about this and give a 'high and almighty', 'eltist' speech in response to my comments. I'll gladly take the heat but if someone on here post:

'I'm a White Baptist and looking for others'

they would get flamed to death.

That was my point. Now after all this writing I'm sure an admin will erase/block it.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:08 PM

283 posts, read 1,194,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
knew it wouldn't take long for someone to take the bait...

1. Didn't know I had to hold anything back, the OP put in parenthesis (yeah I said it) so there you go, I said it as well.

2. My opinion on here, as others think, is decent, not great, but decent. I don't need people on a message board to have a high opinion of me and where in the Hell did I 'kick someone when they were down'???

3. My post says nothing about the 'lack of concern' for the OP, I simply stated my beliefs.

4. I don't really care but I knew someone would make a 'political' point about this and give a 'high and almighty', 'eltist' speech in response to my comments. I'll gladly take the heat but if someone on here post:

'I'm a White Baptist and looking for others'

they would get flamed to death.

That was my point. Now after all this writing I'm sure an admin will erase/block it.
Well that is great. I am so happy for you. Guess what brother we are brothers in the eyes of our Lord still. I too am a white Baptist and even have a Baptist preacher as my father. Praise the Lord for his prowess to be humble enough in his teaching of the Lord's word to allow me to accept others for who they are and what they believe without being "high and mighty" or thinking that just because what I know in my heart to be correct is going to damn all those who do not believe what I believe to ahem... "get flamed to death." I think that the correct statement for that would be flamed for an eternity since our teaching do not include burning the non-believers while on this earth either. Never disentitled you or anyone to their opinions either and never said that what the OP said was correct in their thinking or opinions either. I simply stated that it is an opinion and that the decisions to burn folks are not up to us humans. Generally speaking and no matter how vague these thinking’s maybe the belief that our thoughts on who is or who is not going to burn is a thought that entitles one’s self to the perception of greatness because they would be more correct than another being. Those thoughts have widely been disavowed by most if not all Christians who know that such decisions cannot be theirs to make and if they were they know from their past that they would have been burned long ago while still in the undecided phase of their life. The fact that you can feel right in telling someone, anyone or group that they would be burned distinctly expresses disregard or concern for others. The OP and other posters are looking for others of like mindedness that also happen to be a part of their own race because while I have trouble believing that the free thinker folks are truly free thinkers those that place them with such disregard and immediately damn them to hell for their beliefs are the reason they are seeking others of the same mind and race. In addition, yes, I do enjoy an occasional political debate but I do not believe that this is a political subject as placed on this thread although religion and politics do intermingle freely often and rightfully so. Without them intermingling, no religion would ever be represented in this great land and would never be taught and forgotten. As for the abused word and accusation of me being elitist, OK I will take that as a compliment. I rather like to think that I'm a part of a socially elite group no matter how far my poorly furnished and crowed one bedroom apartment and dinner of hotdogs takes me away from being elite. I do strive and struggle to remain thought of highly enough by others to be considered elite though. So there you have it a white Baptist searching for others of any belief. We cool, brother?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 AM

513 posts, read 1,633,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. Reginald has some very interesting shows and lives right here in Atlanta.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,685,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleswanson View Post
Well that is great. I am so happy for you. Guess what brother we are brothers in the eyes of our Lord still. I too am a white Baptist and even have a Baptist preacher as my father. Praise the Lord for his prowess to be humble enough in his teaching of the Lord's word to allow me to accept others for who they are and what they believe without being "high and mighty" or thinking that just because what I know in my heart to be correct is going to damn all those who do not believe what I believe to ahem... "get flamed to death." I think that the correct statement for that would be flamed for an eternity since our teaching do not include burning the non-believers while on this earth either. Never disentitled you or anyone to their opinions either and never said that what the OP said was correct in their thinking or opinions either. I simply stated that it is an opinion and that the decisions to burn folks are not up to us humans. Generally speaking and no matter how vague these thinking’s maybe the belief that our thoughts on who is or who is not going to burn is a thought that entitles one’s self to the perception of greatness because they would be more correct than another being. Those thoughts have widely been disavowed by most if not all Christians who know that such decisions cannot be theirs to make and if they were they know from their past that they would have been burned long ago while still in the undecided phase of their life. The fact that you can feel right in telling someone, anyone or group that they would be burned distinctly expresses disregard or concern for others. The OP and other posters are looking for others of like mindedness that also happen to be a part of their own race because while I have trouble believing that the free thinker folks are truly free thinkers those that place them with such disregard and immediately damn them to hell for their beliefs are the reason they are seeking others of the same mind and race. In addition, yes, I do enjoy an occasional political debate but I do not believe that this is a political subject as placed on this thread although religion and politics do intermingle freely often and rightfully so. Without them intermingling, no religion would ever be represented in this great land and would never be taught and forgotten. As for the abused word and accusation of me being elitist, OK I will take that as a compliment. I rather like to think that I'm a part of a socially elite group no matter how far my poorly furnished and crowed one bedroom apartment and dinner of hotdogs takes me away from being elite. I do strive and struggle to remain thought of highly enough by others to be considered elite though. So there you have it a white Baptist searching for others of any belief. We cool, brother?
you should break up your sentences, then I might read them. Use some line breaks or something.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 PM

46 posts, read 211,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I have never met any other atheists where I live. I satisfy my need to socialize with other atheists on the Religion and Philosophy Forum here, and the sub forum for atheists and agnostics. There are several black atheists that participate there.

Thank you so much for the tip! I will look for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta