Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,146,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerak31 View Post
Does anyone know what the best site/source for updates about whether gas stations have gas? I'm trying to find a place because I'm on close to 1/8 of a tank, but I went by two stations with prices listed on atlantagasprices.com, they were empty...
On the news last night, 11 alive said they were putting up a google map with bubbles? for the locations that were out of gas or still had some. I think it's based on what locals have found. When you go to the site, click on the link for finding cheapest gas prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 04:35 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
On the news last night, 11 alive said they were putting up a google map with bubbles? for the locations that were out of gas or still had some. I think it's based on what locals have found. When you go to the site, click on the link for finding cheapest gas prices.
By the time it gets posted it's old.

I have consistently seen gas in the mornings but not the afternoons at the Kroger at Jones Bridge and Douglas. Except today when they didn't have any in the morning but did have it by noon. The Shell at the corner of Medlock Bridge and Abbott's Bridge has had gas every time I've passed it since Monday. But it also has lines 5 to 10 cars deep. This morning the QT on McFarland near 400 had gas, and lines about 4 cars deep (that's where I filled up). At noon time the station at the corner of Windward Parkway and Union Hill had gas and long lines. Every other station I pass by in the Medlock Bridge/McGinnis Ferry/Jones Bridge area (north Johns Creek) is almost always empty.

My wife is out right now trying to fill up for her daily commute.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:20 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
The two drivers immediately ahead of me in the line-up, filled their vehicles (a sedan and a pickup truck) PLUS a portable gas can each. I was appalled and wished the Shell station employee who was out in the lot directing people to pumps would say something to them. That's such anti-social behavior.
Someone at work today told me it's illegal as well to fill up extra cans. Can anyone verify?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:32 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Someone at work today told me it's illegal as well to fill up extra cans. Can anyone verify?
How would you cut your grass?

Around here it's very slim (Acworth) but I filled up on Monday morning with a small 5+ minute wait. There's been small lines every night with all pumps but 2 shut down at most stations.

I take transit so I'm good for a month.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,067 times
Northridge at Roswell Road as of this morning (9/26/08) for $3.97 with only about a 10-15 minute wait. Only Regular

Old 09-26-2008, 08:18 AM

894 posts, read 4,349,672 times
finally got regular gas for 3.99 92 and Canton road. Took me 45 minutes from line to exit. Pumps painfully slow and saw people with 10 gallon gas cans filling up.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:42 PM

82 posts, read 335,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
By the time it gets posted it's old.

I have consistently seen gas in the mornings but not the afternoons at the Kroger at Jones Bridge and Douglas. Except today when they didn't have any in the morning but did have it by noon.
Ther must have been 200 cars there lined up in the parking lot tonight waiting to gas up.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej View Post
Ther must have been 200 cars there lined up in the parking lot tonight waiting to gas up.
Wow. I didn't see that. In fact, every station I mentioned as having gas yesterday had none today. See what I mean about information getting old quickly? The Kroger on Peachtree Parkway at McGinnis Ferry had gas around noontime and the line was horrendous. I was there to shop and saw all the cars lined up. Looked like the Kroger folks were doing a good job managing the crowd.

This morning I went out in my wife's car (which was under 1/4) and found gas at the Kroger on Hwy 9 north of McFarland. The line looked daunting at first, but I decided to give it a try. The Kroger folks there did an excellent job organizing things. Cars were waiting across the aisle from the pumps for the next pump to open up, and the line wound through part of the parking lot and back towards the street. I thought it would be a long wait, but it was only 15 minutes before I got to the pumps and they had all grades. There was some attempts at line cutting and resulting horn honking, but generally people were civil.

Of course tomorrow I'm sure they won't have any gas.

I do not see any improvement from the beginning of the week. In fact, from what I've seen things have gotten worse. The percentage of stores with gas has not increased, and lines have been getting progressively longer each day this week.

Gov. Purdue has really dropped the ball on this one, and we are all paying the price. But then, according to him this is all our fault. If I owned a cabin in the NC mountains I'd been planning on spending a few weeks there.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
How would you cut your grass?
I'm really not to worried about that right now. It's all dead anyway since we don't have enough water, either. Does anyone else sense a pattern here?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:41 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
I know in Albany there has been a significant shortage - a lot of stations with the "bag" on the pumps. We (my family) have tried to be very frugal in our fuel consumption, but, I for one am really NOT liking the way this is starting to feel. Perhaps I am just not understanding the reason for the shortages? Hmmmm, I really do understand supply & demand. I guess I am not understanding the "supply" part of the shortage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta